Happy hour at Pubbelly, Symphony & Yoga, and live music all around
Pubbelly's Happy Hour, Yoga with the New World Symphony and Sunday brunch at OTC.
Bang for your Buck
These days, a dollar doesn’t really get you that far, but from now until the end of the month at Pubbelly (1418 20th St., Miami Beach), it gets you bargain basement drinks and snacks for a substantial sixty minutes. The pork-centric hot spot’s limited edition Winter Happy Hour takes place daily from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. featuring the restaurant’s Dollar for an Hour Menu. To make the whole deal that much cooler, the adjacent parking lot is offering spaces at a dollar an hour.
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone with access to AutoTune is a rapper. Hear for yourselves at 10 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 12 at The Stage for Deuce Ducartier's Hip Hop Showcase. The Atlanta and DC-based artist brings his rap-rock performance to the stage along with opening act, The Politix, an emerging Miami-based hip hop band consisting of five talents blending jazz training with hip hop influences to create a sound that is naturally occurring to humans and, from what we hear, naturally talented. There is no cover.
Not every night out on South Beach has to have the words 'debauchery' in its description, especially in the year's infancy. Instead, consider a night of yoga and music from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, January 11, starting with a mini-concert at the New World Symphony followed by a yoga class at SoundScape Park (400 17th St., Miami Beach) conducted by Paul Toliuszis, Cristy Nones McKenzie and Rina Jakubowicz. Cost is just $2.50 for the concert and the yoga class is free. That's it. What do you have to lose besides some calories? For tickets to the concert go to www.nws.edu/yoga.
The formerly named Best Breakthrough DJ of 2011 seems to have broken through and at 11 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 17, the UK's SUBB-AN will land safely in Treehouse Miami to prove his worth and show off his spinning skills on the Bassmaxx sound system. Tickets are available at www.wantickets.com.
Piquete Your Interest
Music trends—and bands—come and go, but talent is ever lasting, which explains why Latin funk/fusion band Electric Piquete is celebrating its fourth anniversary with three 45-minute set performances beginning at 9 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12 at King's Creek Village Tavern (8100 SW 81st Dr., Miami). Special guests are expected. There is no cover.
Bottomless is Tops
Brickell’s OTC (1250 S. Miami Ave., Miami), is starting Sunday brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, but the real news there is that bottomless mimosas, Bellini and champagne is only $15. Almost makes you reconsider going broke the night before on just two measly cocktails, doesn’t it?
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- Velvet Underground: African music and culture takes the stage at the Afro Roots World Music Festival and The Broken Shaker invites you to party poolside this Sunday
- Velvet Underground: Balans launches karaoke night and db Bistro Moderne brings back the decadent daily 'DBQ Happy Hour'
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Huahua's Taqueria launches a hot happy hour series and The Duke Lounge/Gallery opens in Little Havana
- Velvet Underground: An all-American party at the National Hotel and Nikki Beach celebrates bacon on the beach
- Velvet Underground: party like a local at Rec Room on Thursdays and eat your way through Brickell with The Kitchen Hop
- Velvet Underground: Celebrate singledom with a bonafide 'Divorce Party' in South Beach, the Biltmore brings it back to the '80s, Gerry Kelly's annual birthday bash returns, and YoungArts presents new salon series
- Velvet Underground: Macchialina presents bartender Robert Ferrara in this month's bar takeover, Jazid on South Beach turns 18, and The Federal Food, Drink & Provisions hosts Solo Cup Sundays