Labor Day pool parties and nosh fests abound
Miami is replete with Labor Day hotel parties and fancy dining opportunities this Labor Day weekend.
National You May As Well Day
In celebration of National Eat Outside Day at 7 p.m. Friday, August 31, Edge, Steak & Bar is offering a $35 per person family style, haute picnic BBQ menu. Among the face stuffers: blue crab and corn hush puppies and Tupelo honey butter; mesquite smoked pork ribs; beer braised Creekstone Farms beef brisket; and a whole lot more. And no picnic is complete without a drink (or two, or three!), so the BBQ will be accompanied by Napa Zinfandel blend The Prisoner. Call 305-381-3190 to reserve your spots.
Labor Day Parties
Partying is hard work, which is why a few hot spots have decided to celebrate the efforts with, well, more parties. At the Delano, a Labor Day edition of their White Rabbit Pool party starting at noon Sunday, September 2nd and featuring Moet Ice Imperial and "Ibiza-style entertainment" vis a vis DJ Chris Lake. For cabana and daybed reservations, call 305-924-4071. For a little frou frou French fanfare this Labor Day weekend, consider Bella Beach Club's Veuve Cliquot Petanque Tournament at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, September 2. Prizes include spa treatments, overnight stays, Veuve and more. For those who don't speak the language, loosely translated, Petanque in Italian is, well, bocce. To register your team of 2 or 3 people, call 305-673-3873.
Hyde & Seek
One of South Beach's best known DJs, Danny Stern, has taken up residency every Friday at Hyde Beach at the SLS South Beach Hotel. From 10 p.m. until 2 a.m. Stern spins open format that "starts off very sexy and loungey and progresses through the night," he told us. There's no cover, but apparently the place fills up fast so early is in when it comes to this weekly see and be scene fest.
Not So Starving Artists
New at 7 p.m. Sundays at Haven Gastro-Lounge is an ongoing elit by Stoli "for Artists . . . by Artists" dinner and cocktail series featuring a 3 course, two cocktail pairing menu as well as s works from a rotating roster of local artists. Menu is $40 per person not including tax and tip.
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing
- Metro Railing, antique spicing, sommelier slamming, straycationing & Blocktoberfesting
- Cinema, celluloid, flicks, a new babe in Brickell named Marion & Mexican Independence Day
- The Old Ball & Chain, A Wynwood Hootenanny, and Labor Day Lushery
- Moonlighting, whisky, Nicola's big 5-0, booze, books & Jacko
- Boozy brunches, dinner parties, rappers and night swimming
- Naked or neon with Nick at the Thompson; Boy George spins WALL; Nat'l Rum Day & David Foster Wallace
- Hialeah homecomings, Shots in Wynwood, Women at Wolfsonian & Goobers at Gramps
- Havana nights @ Regent, Disco Inferno 2.0 @Cameo, an art auction in Wynwood & full moon celebrations
- Rok Brgr Block Party, Beverly Hills Cafe 2.0, Pisco Hour, Dive-In Movies