Velvet Underground: Bubbly, Concerts for Daddy and a Rokbar resurrection
A party for pops, bubbly action around town and the return of a classic bar.
Monday, Bubbly Monday
Here's a reason to get all giddy for Mondays: Throughout the month of June, STK's Magnum Mondays featuring DJ Danny Stern will give a free glass of champagne to the fairer sex from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. For the high rollers, there are complimentary magnum upgrades given to all Veuve Clicquot 750ml purchases, hence the name Magnum.
Tudor House and Highbar have raised the, er, bar, on happy hours, theirs from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and pouring free, unlimited champagne for women the entire time.
Who's Your Daddy?
In honor of Father's Day, at 9 p.m. Friday, June 15, The Stage is featuring a triple bill of local bands--Elastic Bond, Ketchy Shuby and Electric Piquete, who will pay aural tribute to some of music's most important patriarchs of Latin, funk, jazz and soul. Among them: Marvin Gaye, Sergio Mendes and Herbie Hancock. There will also be a special $5 Tom Collins, a cocktail named after "The Father of Mixology", available until midnight. Tickets in advance are $7 or $10 at the door. To purchase, go to www.thestagemiami.com.
Who doesn’t love a good comeback? While we won’t hold our breath for Lindsay Lohan’s, in the meantime, we can take a deep breath with the return of a onetime South Beach fave: Rok Bar, which is back with live music nightly from 9 p.m. to midnight and then, for those who prefer freshly spun music, DJs from midnight until 5 a.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays.
There once was a time in nightlife when people would emerge from a club soaked in sweat, not because the a/c was broken, but because they actually, you know, danced. Texting doesn’t quite work up the same soak, and as a result, Equinox South Beach is throwing a second installment of its zippy Mix N’ Ride cycling class at 6:30 p.m. June 19 featuring DJ Troubles on the turntables The class is so hot, literally and figuratively, that it will be offered on the third Thursday of every month featuring all sorts of DJs from all over the map. Class is free to members and their guests; if you are neither a member nor a friend of a member, it’s $30.
- Rok Brgr Block Party, Beverly Hills Cafe 2.0, Pisco Hour, Dive-In Movies
- Karaoke @ the Delano, Big Easy at Tongue & Cheek, Sweat Records a go go, SPF at Nikki Beach & Pink Floyd in Wynwood
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!
- Freedom's just another word for an excuse to booze, plus a dinner and drag show!
- Chocolate orgies, apres happy hours, Sunday suppers and late night brunches
- National Martini Day, Nag Champayons at Bardot, Sappho does SoBe plus Sugar Factory & Libertine open
- Jazid celebrates 19 years, get literary with Judy Blume, Hyde Beach blacks out, PARK at LILT
- Bodega, Brandt's Break, Baboons and Audrina Patridge bring on the scene
- An art heist, karaoke night, night swimming, Space Jamming & World Red Eye's big 05
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests