Chocolate, red roses, dinner, wine - SO predictable! Do something different this Valentine's Day.
By Solange Reyner
- Tunes at the Arsht
American conductor Leonard Slatkin leads the Detroit Symphony Orchestra this Sunday at 4 p.m. The famous and historic Orchestra (we're talking over 100 years in existence) will play Samuel Barber's Concerto for Cello and Orchestra with the soloist performance by Sol Gabetta.
1300 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
- A Furry Valentine
Head to Jungle Island for a 60-minute animal encounter this Valentine's Day Weekend. You'll get to interact up close with lemurs, kangaroos, and macaws as part of the tour. The $99 admission also gets you park admission and a 10 percent discount at the gift shop.
For an additional $15, grab lunch at the Flamingo Lakeside Patio.
1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami
- Arts In the Heart Show
Enjoy artwork from more than 160 renowned artists at the St. Stephen's Art Show this weekend in Coconut Grove. This outdoor event benefits St. Stephen's Episcopal Church and takes place Saturday, Feb.13, through Monday, Feb.15, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
2750 McFarlane Road, Coconut Grove
- Find Love at the Raleigh
No, not a potential boyfriend. Head to the Raleigh for the "My Furry Valentine" brunch this Sunday, Feb. 14, to find a new pet. You can eat your little heart away (click below for the menu), or actually adopt a pup on site. A portion of the brunch proceeds goes to Miami Pets Alive.
1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach
- Singles Only at Lucky Strike Lanes
Speed dating and bowling? This combo comes courtesy of Lucky Strike and Cupid.com. Head to Lucky Strike Lanes in Miami Beach this Friday, Feb.12, for an event that's sure to knock your bowling socks off. OK, I'm going overboard here. But it looks like a good time. It's $55, and you get to:
- Speed Bowl for over an hour
- Meet up to 74 singles during a round robin tournament
- Get a complimentary drink from the bar
- Enjoy limited "his and her" cocktails for $9 each.
1691 Michigan Ave Suite 115, Miami Beach
- Tunes and Wine
Enjoy music from Patrick Lopez on the outside patio as wine vendors serve up samples of their best Valentine's Day wines. The event is free and takes place on Friday, Feb. 12, at the Whole Foods Market in Coral Gables from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Whole Foods Market
6701 Red Road, Coral Gables
If you're up north, head to the Whole Foods in Coral Springs for a wine and chocolate pairing. That event takes place Feb.13 at 5 p.m.
810 University Dr, Coral Springs
- Valentine's Day Splash
Go on a guided tour of Oleta River with your significant other this Sunday, Feb. 14. at 10 a.m. For $25, you get a 3-hour guided tour with park naturalists telling historic South Florida love stories.
3400 NE 163rd Street, Miami
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15