The darker, sexier evil twin of the original UUFF! party arrives on Saturday. Will you dare attend?
By Juan Lopez
Different venue. Different music. Different energy.
This is what UUFF!2 promises its patrons. This evil twin of the original monthly party (UUFF!) will be darker and sexier. If UUFF! is PG, consider UUFF!2 as rated R, according to one of the original UUFF! organizers, Freddy Rodriguez.
"Don't expect go-go dancers or drag queens. That's so 1990's," Rodriguez said.
UUFF!2 will be a t-shirt and jean night but gradually more of the leather scene will be introduced.
"UUFF! is UUFF! It's neither Bill's nor Ramrod. We're not an establishment. We are a destination party that will constantly evolve to meet the needs of the segment of the gay community we target," Rodriguez said.
What else to expect? No cover. Music by DJ Oliver. And Vlada is the new location. Be on the lookout for the drink specials. On the menu: $5 beers; $7 whisky; $8 well drinks; $10 premium (Absolut, Stoli); $10 Infused Vodka Martini (a Vlada specialty); $13 top shelf (Belvedere, Kettle One).
Chris Lopez, an artist from Barcelona based in Fort Lauderdale who draws the male form using a variety of techniques (acrylic, watercolor, charcoal), has created original drawings for the party. Rodriguez has also prepared a video art installation that he says is very, very sexy.
"It's better than porn . . . and much, much sexier! Lots of beefy men making out!"
Details: UUFF!2, Saturday, Aug. 15, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Vlada, 3215 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-381-5015
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival