The darker, sexier evil twin of the original UUFF! party arrives on Saturday. Will you dare attend?
By Juan Lopez
Different venue. Different music. Different energy.
This is what UUFF!2 promises its patrons. This evil twin of the original monthly party (UUFF!) will be darker and sexier. If UUFF! is PG, consider UUFF!2 as rated R, according to one of the original UUFF! organizers, Freddy Rodriguez.
"Don't expect go-go dancers or drag queens. That's so 1990's," Rodriguez said.
UUFF!2 will be a t-shirt and jean night but gradually more of the leather scene will be introduced.
"UUFF! is UUFF! It's neither Bill's nor Ramrod. We're not an establishment. We are a destination party that will constantly evolve to meet the needs of the segment of the gay community we target," Rodriguez said.
What else to expect? No cover. Music by DJ Oliver. And Vlada is the new location. Be on the lookout for the drink specials. On the menu: $5 beers; $7 whisky; $8 well drinks; $10 premium (Absolut, Stoli); $10 Infused Vodka Martini (a Vlada specialty); $13 top shelf (Belvedere, Kettle One).
Chris Lopez, an artist from Barcelona based in Fort Lauderdale who draws the male form using a variety of techniques (acrylic, watercolor, charcoal), has created original drawings for the party. Rodriguez has also prepared a video art installation that he says is very, very sexy.
"It's better than porn . . . and much, much sexier! Lots of beefy men making out!"
Details: UUFF!2, Saturday, Aug. 15, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Vlada, 3215 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-381-5015
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District