The darker, sexier evil twin of the original UUFF! party arrives on Saturday. Will you dare attend?
By Juan Lopez
Different venue. Different music. Different energy.
This is what UUFF!2 promises its patrons. This evil twin of the original monthly party (UUFF!) will be darker and sexier. If UUFF! is PG, consider UUFF!2 as rated R, according to one of the original UUFF! organizers, Freddy Rodriguez.
"Don't expect go-go dancers or drag queens. That's so 1990's," Rodriguez said.
UUFF!2 will be a t-shirt and jean night but gradually more of the leather scene will be introduced.
"UUFF! is UUFF! It's neither Bill's nor Ramrod. We're not an establishment. We are a destination party that will constantly evolve to meet the needs of the segment of the gay community we target," Rodriguez said.
What else to expect? No cover. Music by DJ Oliver. And Vlada is the new location. Be on the lookout for the drink specials. On the menu: $5 beers; $7 whisky; $8 well drinks; $10 premium (Absolut, Stoli); $10 Infused Vodka Martini (a Vlada specialty); $13 top shelf (Belvedere, Kettle One).
Chris Lopez, an artist from Barcelona based in Fort Lauderdale who draws the male form using a variety of techniques (acrylic, watercolor, charcoal), has created original drawings for the party. Rodriguez has also prepared a video art installation that he says is very, very sexy.
"It's better than porn . . . and much, much sexier! Lots of beefy men making out!"
Details: UUFF!2, Saturday, Aug. 15, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Vlada, 3215 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-381-5015
- Mad Decent Block Party tour kicks off in Fort Lauderdale
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Nicole Moudaber brings her sounds to Space on Saturday
- Party with Jenny McCarthy at E11even Miami Saturday night after "Dirty Sexy Funny"