The darker, sexier evil twin of the original UUFF! party arrives on Saturday. Will you dare attend?
By Juan Lopez
Different venue. Different music. Different energy.
This is what UUFF!2 promises its patrons. This evil twin of the original monthly party (UUFF!) will be darker and sexier. If UUFF! is PG, consider UUFF!2 as rated R, according to one of the original UUFF! organizers, Freddy Rodriguez.
"Don't expect go-go dancers or drag queens. That's so 1990's," Rodriguez said.
UUFF!2 will be a t-shirt and jean night but gradually more of the leather scene will be introduced.
"UUFF! is UUFF! It's neither Bill's nor Ramrod. We're not an establishment. We are a destination party that will constantly evolve to meet the needs of the segment of the gay community we target," Rodriguez said.
What else to expect? No cover. Music by DJ Oliver. And Vlada is the new location. Be on the lookout for the drink specials. On the menu: $5 beers; $7 whisky; $8 well drinks; $10 premium (Absolut, Stoli); $10 Infused Vodka Martini (a Vlada specialty); $13 top shelf (Belvedere, Kettle One).
Chris Lopez, an artist from Barcelona based in Fort Lauderdale who draws the male form using a variety of techniques (acrylic, watercolor, charcoal), has created original drawings for the party. Rodriguez has also prepared a video art installation that he says is very, very sexy.
"It's better than porn . . . and much, much sexier! Lots of beefy men making out!"
Details: UUFF!2, Saturday, Aug. 15, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Vlada, 3215 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-381-5015
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets