The darker, sexier evil twin of the original UUFF! party arrives on Saturday. Will you dare attend?
By Juan Lopez
Different venue. Different music. Different energy.
This is what UUFF!2 promises its patrons. This evil twin of the original monthly party (UUFF!) will be darker and sexier. If UUFF! is PG, consider UUFF!2 as rated R, according to one of the original UUFF! organizers, Freddy Rodriguez.
"Don't expect go-go dancers or drag queens. That's so 1990's," Rodriguez said.
UUFF!2 will be a t-shirt and jean night but gradually more of the leather scene will be introduced.
"UUFF! is UUFF! It's neither Bill's nor Ramrod. We're not an establishment. We are a destination party that will constantly evolve to meet the needs of the segment of the gay community we target," Rodriguez said.
What else to expect? No cover. Music by DJ Oliver. And Vlada is the new location. Be on the lookout for the drink specials. On the menu: $5 beers; $7 whisky; $8 well drinks; $10 premium (Absolut, Stoli); $10 Infused Vodka Martini (a Vlada specialty); $13 top shelf (Belvedere, Kettle One).
Chris Lopez, an artist from Barcelona based in Fort Lauderdale who draws the male form using a variety of techniques (acrylic, watercolor, charcoal), has created original drawings for the party. Rodriguez has also prepared a video art installation that he says is very, very sexy.
"It's better than porn . . . and much, much sexier! Lots of beefy men making out!"
Details: UUFF!2, Saturday, Aug. 15, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Vlada, 3215 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-381-5015
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Katsuya unveils new installation by Miami artist Tatiana Suarez
- Miss Coco Peru at Cabaret, Spring Fling at 1111, db Bistro happenings, early bird boozing at Katsuya
- The Forge in Miami Beach fuses music and food three nights a week