UR1 music festival debuts during Art Basel Miami Beach in December
Festival plans to merge music and art
Are you ready to transcend into a new dimension of music festival?
Well that is what the producers of the new UR1 Festival are planning for this year's Art Basel on Saturday, Dec. 8 and Sunday, Dec. 9 by combining the creativity of multiple genres of music and art to forge a festival that pushes the limits of what a music can be.
When you hear someone talking about taking the music festival to the next level you would have good reason to be skeptical. But when it comes from the promoters that created the Swedish House Mafia parties and the Surfcomber Pool Parties you can cast away your doubts.
Producers Alex Omes, co-founder of the Ultra Music Festivals, and Emi Guerra, the backbone of epic parties at Club Space-Miami are the duo who created some the sexiest parties with some of the top talent in the world.
“It is time the bar is raised. We are not just putting up a stage for fans to stair at, UR! will be a 4D experience. We have some the most creative musicians and artist in the world participating.”
There are no hints to the line-up at this time, but the producer is promising a show to remember.
"I don't want to release any info until I have more," Omes said in a phone interview. "This is going to be a big project."
In past shows Omes has brought a multitude of talent to Miami, such as Tiesto, David Guetta, STS9, The Disco Biscuits, Duran Duran, Carl Cox, Cee Lo Green (when he performed in the duo Gnarls Barkley) and many more.
Music in Miami
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Jack White to play Fillmore Miami Beach in September
- 2014 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Review: Romeo Santos seduces Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena concert
- Review: Morrissey shows his talents remain in fine form at sold-out concert at Arsht Center
- Neon Trees performs in South Florida
- Review: Lady Antebellum swoons crowd at Seminole Hard Rock concert
- Indie-rockers The Head and The Heart in Miami
- Il Divo brings Broadway to Miami
- Puerto Rican reggaetoneros Alexis y Fido mentor emerging artists during Billboard Latin Music Conference