UR1 music festival debuts during Art Basel Miami Beach in December
Festival plans to merge music and art
Are you ready to transcend into a new dimension of music festival?
Well that is what the producers of the new UR1 Festival are planning for this year's Art Basel on Saturday, Dec. 8 and Sunday, Dec. 9 by combining the creativity of multiple genres of music and art to forge a festival that pushes the limits of what a music can be.
When you hear someone talking about taking the music festival to the next level you would have good reason to be skeptical. But when it comes from the promoters that created the Swedish House Mafia parties and the Surfcomber Pool Parties you can cast away your doubts.
Producers Alex Omes, co-founder of the Ultra Music Festivals, and Emi Guerra, the backbone of epic parties at Club Space-Miami are the duo who created some the sexiest parties with some of the top talent in the world.
“It is time the bar is raised. We are not just putting up a stage for fans to stair at, UR! will be a 4D experience. We have some the most creative musicians and artist in the world participating.”
There are no hints to the line-up at this time, but the producer is promising a show to remember.
"I don't want to release any info until I have more," Omes said in a phone interview. "This is going to be a big project."
In past shows Omes has brought a multitude of talent to Miami, such as Tiesto, David Guetta, STS9, The Disco Biscuits, Duran Duran, Carl Cox, Cee Lo Green (when he performed in the duo Gnarls Barkley) and many more.
Music in Miami
- Tortuga Music Festival rocks the ocean this weekend
- Aaron Lebos reaches a ‘Turning Point’
- Boney James brings sax appeal to Jazz in the Gardens
- Kelly Rowland spreads her wings
- Anthony Hamilton brings smooth sounds to Jazz in the Gardens 2014
- Max Raabe and the Palast Orchester bring vintage sounds to the Arsht Center
- Travie McCoy performs at the WGC Cadillac Championship this Saturday
- Virginia Key Grassroots Festival offers four days of music, camping, fun
- Charlie Wilson performs in Miami this Saturday
- Julio Iglesias, Latin lion in winter, sings Saturday at AmericanAirlines Arena