UR1 music festival debuts during Art Basel Miami Beach in December
Festival plans to merge music and art
Are you ready to transcend into a new dimension of music festival?
Well that is what the producers of the new UR1 Festival are planning for this year's Art Basel on Saturday, Dec. 8 and Sunday, Dec. 9 by combining the creativity of multiple genres of music and art to forge a festival that pushes the limits of what a music can be.
When you hear someone talking about taking the music festival to the next level you would have good reason to be skeptical. But when it comes from the promoters that created the Swedish House Mafia parties and the Surfcomber Pool Parties you can cast away your doubts.
Producers Alex Omes, co-founder of the Ultra Music Festivals, and Emi Guerra, the backbone of epic parties at Club Space-Miami are the duo who created some the sexiest parties with some of the top talent in the world.
“It is time the bar is raised. We are not just putting up a stage for fans to stair at, UR! will be a 4D experience. We have some the most creative musicians and artist in the world participating.”
There are no hints to the line-up at this time, but the producer is promising a show to remember.
"I don't want to release any info until I have more," Omes said in a phone interview. "This is going to be a big project."
In past shows Omes has brought a multitude of talent to Miami, such as Tiesto, David Guetta, STS9, The Disco Biscuits, Duran Duran, Carl Cox, Cee Lo Green (when he performed in the duo Gnarls Barkley) and many more.
Music in Miami
- Meghan Trainor is more than that ‘bass’
- Review: Erasure more than a nostalgia act during energetic dance party at Fillmore Miami Beach
- Phil Collins headlines gala fundraiser during Art Basel weekend on Miami Beach
- Demi Lovato plays Miami on Sunday
- Review: Lily Allen’s too cool to grow up
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Erasure plays Fillmore Miami Beach on Friday night
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres