Up close and personal on The Tourist'
Congrats go out to Miami Herald summer intern Gaby Izarra. The FIU journalism student won MTV's contest to be a guest correspondent, interviewing The Tourist stars Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp...
Congrats go out to Miami Herald summer intern Gaby Izarra. The University of Florida journalism student won MTV's contest to be a guest correspondent, interviewing The Tourist stars Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp in Paris.
``I was very nervous to meet Angelina,'' Izarra, 21, admitted. ``But she acted like a mom. She is a mom!''
Izarra got to ask them each seven questions in four minutes.
``With Angelina I got them answered pretty quickly; she was concise,'' Izarra said. ``But Johnny was the total opposite. He kind of went off.''
She told Depp she was a student in Florida and he mentioned how -- back in the day -- he used to live in Miramar.
The trip was an ``amazing'' experience.
``Just because you think you're not going to win, don't stop yourself from trying something,'' Izarra said. ``Look at me!''
GET THE LED OUT
Listen to the son of late legendary Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, Jason Bonham, who will run the tailgate party Sunday for the Fins vs. Bills game. Bonham will walk the orange carpet at noon then do some of his dad's band's songs during the Led Zeppelin Experience show. Tickets: miamidolphins.com .
WE LIKE IT
Enrique Iglesias will romance audiences at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Feb. 10. Hurry! Tickets went on sale Friday.
Seats cost $154, $129, $104 and $79; www.ticketmaster.com or charge by phone: 800-745-3000.
On Our Radar
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook