United Way Wine & Food Fest, Taste of The Grove this weekend
4/13/2011The 16th annual United Way Miami Wine & Food Festival kicks off its four-day run Thursday with Taste & Toast, a food and wine tasting, at the Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables ($150 VIP, $75 general admission). Friday’s featured event is a cook-along dinner at the InterContinental Hotel Miami led by Dewey LoSasso, executive chef of The Forge ($300). Saturday, also at the Intercontinental, Cellar-bration is a multicourse dinner with winning wines from January’s Best in Glass Challenge ($300). The weekend concludes at Mary Brickell Village Sunday with Brew & Bites, featuring craft beers and food-tasting stations ($75 VIP, $55 general admission). Tickets for the events, which benefit United Way of Miami-Dade, are available at 877-820-3378 or www.miamiwinefestival.org.The 21st annual Great Taste of The Grove Food & Wine Festival takes place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Peacock Park, 820 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove, featuring a chefs’ competition, sommelier tastings, spirits lounge, coffee house and more. General admission is free, with food and beverage tickets $1 to $8. VIP tickets, which include special tastings, butler service and giveaways, are $20; www.thegreattasteofthegrove.com.
- FREE LASAGNA. We Repeat, Free Lasagna!
- This Miami Beach bar was just named America's best new bar
- A look inside new 'hip Peruvian' restaurant in Doral
- A Miami Spice Weekly Planner
- Not even a dead body got people out of line for cronuts in New York
- Look like a celebrity and get free food
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- 7 Great Choices for Families during Miami Spice
- Where to Eat Lunch in South Beach Right Now
- Where to Eat Lunch in South Miami Right Now