United Way Wine & Food Fest, Taste of The Grove this weekend
4/13/2011The 16th annual United Way Miami Wine & Food Festival kicks off its four-day run Thursday with Taste & Toast, a food and wine tasting, at the Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables ($150 VIP, $75 general admission). Friday’s featured event is a cook-along dinner at the InterContinental Hotel Miami led by Dewey LoSasso, executive chef of The Forge ($300). Saturday, also at the Intercontinental, Cellar-bration is a multicourse dinner with winning wines from January’s Best in Glass Challenge ($300). The weekend concludes at Mary Brickell Village Sunday with Brew & Bites, featuring craft beers and food-tasting stations ($75 VIP, $55 general admission). Tickets for the events, which benefit United Way of Miami-Dade, are available at 877-820-3378 or www.miamiwinefestival.org.The 21st annual Great Taste of The Grove Food & Wine Festival takes place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Peacock Park, 820 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove, featuring a chefs’ competition, sommelier tastings, spirits lounge, coffee house and more. General admission is free, with food and beverage tickets $1 to $8. VIP tickets, which include special tastings, butler service and giveaways, are $20; www.thegreattasteofthegrove.com.
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- First Look: Downtown gets a dose of Caribbean flavors at Zest
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- Midtown Oyster Bar brings more than oysters
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Best places to celebrate American Craft Beer Week in Miami
- Miami's Best Breweries and Beer Bars
- 5 New Restaurants that Opened in Miami in 2016 where You Must Dine