Fertile Earth Foundation hosts UnderGROUND Miami
Ready for some fileted python? Master chefs are put to the test at Fertile Earth Foundation's fundraiser UnderGROUND Miami, where they will cook up invasive species.
8-11 p.m. Saturday, June 23 at Villa 221, 221 NE 17th St., Miami
Tickets $20-$150 at www.fertileearth.org.
“If you can’t beat ’em, eat ’em.” That is the theme for the Fertile Earth Foundation’s fundraising event, UnderGROUND Miami, where top Miami chefs will cook up some of South Florida’s most invasive land and sea species from pythons to lionfish.
This year’s top chefs include Chef Bradley Herron, chef de cuisine of Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, Chef Timon Balloo, executive chef of Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill and Chef Todd Erickson, executive chef of Haven South Beach. These three top chefs will participate in a cook off of invasive species in hopes of winning the title "Best Invasivore Chef." Some invasive species will include the lion fish, snake head fish, wild boar and possibly python.
Fertile Earth Foundation will also host a silent auction and art displays, with local band Afrobeta as the master of ceremonies.
See and Do
- Egg hunts, Dr. Seuss’s Bday, Legos & Pirates: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 2-8
- Richard Lewis takes the stage at Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 27-March 1
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15