Uncle Tom's Barbecue readies for reopening in Miami
Expect the return of the "special sauce."
Uncle Tom's Barbecue
3988 SW 8 St, Coral Gables
Opening May 2014
Bite into a taste of Old Florida as Uncle Tom's Barbecue reopens soon at 3988 SW 8th St. in Miami.
The restaurant, originally opened in 1948 and closed since last year, will be located in the same spot with new owners.
Look for baby back ribs, spare ribs, chicken, pork, beef brisket, salads and bakers (baked potatoes). Of special note: The restaurant's "special sauce" is returning to the menu after 15 years.
Exact opening date is TBD, but the restaurant says it will be sometime in May. A second Uncle Tom's is expected to open in Pinecrest this summer.
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1
- The List: 10 best bets for Father's Day dining in South Florida
- Macchialina team to open BaZi modern Asian restaurant in South Beach's Marlin Hotel
- Father's Day contest: Win Dad free steaks from The Forge, Quality Meats, Wolfgang's