Uncle Tom's Barbecue readies for reopening in Miami
Expect the return of the "special sauce."
Uncle Tom's Barbecue
3988 SW 8 St, Coral Gables
Opening May 2014
Bite into a taste of Old Florida as Uncle Tom's Barbecue reopens soon at 3988 SW 8th St. in Miami.
The restaurant, originally opened in 1948 and closed since last year, will be located in the same spot with new owners.
Look for baby back ribs, spare ribs, chicken, pork, beef brisket, salads and bakers (baked potatoes). Of special note: The restaurant's "special sauce" is returning to the menu after 15 years.
Exact opening date is TBD, but the restaurant says it will be sometime in May. A second Uncle Tom's is expected to open in Pinecrest this summer.
- Copperbox chef Gabriela Machado returns with 'Paladar' dinner series
- Indulge in a Krug dinner at the Dutch Sept 3
- Miami Spice Mash-Up grand finale on Thursday features Lure, Area 31 and Oak Tavern
- Brush up on grill skills at BLT Prime this weekend
- Flex your mussels at Bistro BE and Colette
- Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road
- Craft beer dinners bubble up in Miami
- Best Burger in Miami? Zagat says db Bistro Moderne
- National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
- Nobu celebrates 20 years with $120 omakase menu