Uncle Tom's Barbecue readies for reopening in Miami
Expect the return of the "special sauce."
Uncle Tom's Barbecue
3988 SW 8 St, Coral Gables
Opening May 2014
Bite into a taste of Old Florida as Uncle Tom's Barbecue reopens soon at 3988 SW 8th St. in Miami.
The restaurant, originally opened in 1948 and closed since last year, will be located in the same spot with new owners.
Look for baby back ribs, spare ribs, chicken, pork, beef brisket, salads and bakers (baked potatoes). Of special note: The restaurant's "special sauce" is returning to the menu after 15 years.
Exact opening date is TBD, but the restaurant says it will be sometime in May. A second Uncle Tom's is expected to open in Pinecrest this summer.
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28
- The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- New restaurants move in to Miami: Il Mulino, Bistro BE, Mignonette
- Power through lunch with Miami's best express-lunch options