Uncle Tom's Barbecue readies for reopening in Miami
Expect the return of the "special sauce."
Uncle Tom's Barbecue
3988 SW 8 St, Coral Gables
Opening May 2014
Bite into a taste of Old Florida as Uncle Tom's Barbecue reopens soon at 3988 SW 8th St. in Miami.
The restaurant, originally opened in 1948 and closed since last year, will be located in the same spot with new owners.
Look for baby back ribs, spare ribs, chicken, pork, beef brisket, salads and bakers (baked potatoes). Of special note: The restaurant's "special sauce" is returning to the menu after 15 years.
Exact opening date is TBD, but the restaurant says it will be sometime in May. A second Uncle Tom's is expected to open in Pinecrest this summer.
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares
- The List: A Ritz-Carlton chef's top Fort Lauderdale restaurants