Uncle Tom's Barbecue readies for reopening in Miami
Expect the return of the "special sauce."
Uncle Tom's Barbecue
3988 SW 8 St, Coral Gables
Opening May 2014
Bite into a taste of Old Florida as Uncle Tom's Barbecue reopens soon at 3988 SW 8th St. in Miami.
The restaurant, originally opened in 1948 and closed since last year, will be located in the same spot with new owners.
Look for baby back ribs, spare ribs, chicken, pork, beef brisket, salads and bakers (baked potatoes). Of special note: The restaurant's "special sauce" is returning to the menu after 15 years.
Exact opening date is TBD, but the restaurant says it will be sometime in May. A second Uncle Tom's is expected to open in Pinecrest this summer.
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall
- Jugofresh adds coffee drinks to Miami menus
- The Best St. Patrick's Day events