Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates grand reopening
Classic spot reopens in original Tamiami Trail location
Eat, drink and celebrate old-school Miami as Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates its grand reopening on Tuesday, July 8.
Pop by the Eighth Street restaurant at 6 p.m. and watch Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado cut the ribbon then feast on free wine, beer and bites of signature dishes. Menu highlights include pulled pork, brisket and sliced pork sliders, stuffed mac and cheese, wings and ribs.
Uncle Tom's originally opened in 1948 in the same spot on Tamiami Trail. New owners have reopened the restaurant original recipes, including the "infamous" Uncle Tom’s special sauce — back on the menu after 15 years.
RSVP required, email UncleTomsBBQ@cm-publicrelations.com.
- Caribbean Circle floats island flavors in Coral Springs
- Tongue & Cheek to close in South Beach; more Izzy's on the way
- 4 new brunches and lunch deals in Miami and South Beach
- The List: Bourbon Steak chef Gabriel Fenton's top 10 Miami restaurants
- Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz opens Wednesday in Coconut Grove
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- LIV nightclub founder David Grutman to open Komodo restaurant in Brickell
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November