Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates grand reopening
Classic spot reopens in original Tamiami Trail location
Eat, drink and celebrate old-school Miami as Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates its grand reopening on Tuesday, July 8.
Pop by the Eighth Street restaurant at 6 p.m. and watch Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado cut the ribbon then feast on free wine, beer and bites of signature dishes. Menu highlights include pulled pork, brisket and sliced pork sliders, stuffed mac and cheese, wings and ribs.
Uncle Tom's originally opened in 1948 in the same spot on Tamiami Trail. New owners have reopened the restaurant original recipes, including the "infamous" Uncle Tom’s special sauce — back on the menu after 15 years.
RSVP required, email UncleTomsBBQ@cm-publicrelations.com.
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall
- Jugofresh adds coffee drinks to Miami menus
- The Best St. Patrick's Day events