Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates grand reopening
Classic spot reopens in original Tamiami Trail location
Eat, drink and celebrate old-school Miami as Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates its grand reopening on Tuesday, July 8.
Pop by the Eighth Street restaurant at 6 p.m. and watch Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado cut the ribbon then feast on free wine, beer and bites of signature dishes. Menu highlights include pulled pork, brisket and sliced pork sliders, stuffed mac and cheese, wings and ribs.
Uncle Tom's originally opened in 1948 in the same spot on Tamiami Trail. New owners have reopened the restaurant original recipes, including the "infamous" Uncle Tom’s special sauce — back on the menu after 15 years.
RSVP required, email UncleTomsBBQ@cm-publicrelations.com.
Uncle Tom’s Barbecue
3988 SW Eighth St., Coral Gables
- Pokémon Go lures diners to SuViche South Beach
- This Miami Beach bar was just named America's best new bar
- Not even a dead body got people out of line for cronuts in New York
- Look like a celebrity and get free food
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba