Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates grand reopening
Classic spot reopens in original Tamiami Trail location
Eat, drink and celebrate old-school Miami as Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates its grand reopening on Tuesday, July 8.
Pop by the Eighth Street restaurant at 6 p.m. and watch Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado cut the ribbon then feast on free wine, beer and bites of signature dishes. Menu highlights include pulled pork, brisket and sliced pork sliders, stuffed mac and cheese, wings and ribs.
Uncle Tom's originally opened in 1948 in the same spot on Tamiami Trail. New owners have reopened the restaurant original recipes, including the "infamous" Uncle Tom’s special sauce — back on the menu after 15 years.
RSVP required, email UncleTomsBBQ@cm-publicrelations.com.
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce
- Miami's most anticipated restaurants: Where are they now?
- Michelle Bernstein opens Cena by Michy in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Where to Treat Mom for Mother's Day
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District