Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
West Coast burger chain expands South
Just when you thought the Miami burger scene was subsiding, enter Umami Burger South Beach, opening at 11 a.m. Friday, May 10. The So Cal burger chain's first expansion east, Umami South Beach will feature its signature house made condiments, cheeses and house-ground Wagyu beef as well as an only-in-Miami offering: the Cubano Burger, go figure. In that burger is Pork and Pork Belly Patty, Mojo Mustard, House Cheese, Pickles, Proscuitto, and Smoked Ham.
"Since we opened our first location in Los Angeles, people have been asking us to open in Miami," said Adam Fleischman, Founder and CEO of Umami Restaurant Group. "Miami has a diverse food culture, blending together a lot of different genres but nothing like us. South Beach is going to love our burgers."
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami