UM students looking for red carpet action
Alexandra Cotoulas and Scotty Braun want their close-ups. The University of Miami seniors entered a nationwide ``red carpet'' contest sponsored by MTV's college network mtvU and just found out...
Alexandra Cotoulas and Scotty Braun want their close-ups.
If they win, the duo (Alex, 21, works the camera; Scotty, 22, reports) will get to be correspondents at the Oscars Feb. 27 in Hollywood at the Kodak Theatre. The two have been lifelong friends since attending Watchung Hills Regional High School in Warren, N.J.
To vote for them go to http://oscars.mtvu.com until Jan. 28.
ARTIST ON THE RISE
A shoutout goes out to Jorge Cavalier. The Key Biscayne resident, 57, was named a winner in Russell Simmons' Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series.
The gin company partnered with the rap mogul's Rush Philanthropic Art Foundation to launch the search for the next big names in multimedia art and photography.
The Colombian native -- who has shown at Art Basel -- was picked out of almost 2,000 artists from across the U.S. for his dramatic sculpture installation, Labyrinths.
If you're in NYC, stop by the Rush Arts Gallery and see his work.
On Our Radar
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)