UM students looking for red carpet action
Alexandra Cotoulas and Scotty Braun want their close-ups. The University of Miami seniors entered a nationwide ``red carpet'' contest sponsored by MTV's college network mtvU and just found out...
Alexandra Cotoulas and Scotty Braun want their close-ups.
If they win, the duo (Alex, 21, works the camera; Scotty, 22, reports) will get to be correspondents at the Oscars Feb. 27 in Hollywood at the Kodak Theatre. The two have been lifelong friends since attending Watchung Hills Regional High School in Warren, N.J.
To vote for them go to http://oscars.mtvu.com until Jan. 28.
ARTIST ON THE RISE
A shoutout goes out to Jorge Cavalier. The Key Biscayne resident, 57, was named a winner in Russell Simmons' Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series.
The gin company partnered with the rap mogul's Rush Philanthropic Art Foundation to launch the search for the next big names in multimedia art and photography.
The Colombian native -- who has shown at Art Basel -- was picked out of almost 2,000 artists from across the U.S. for his dramatic sculpture installation, Labyrinths.
If you're in NYC, stop by the Rush Arts Gallery and see his work.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz