UM students looking for red carpet action
Alexandra Cotoulas and Scotty Braun want their close-ups. The University of Miami seniors entered a nationwide ``red carpet'' contest sponsored by MTV's college network mtvU and just found out...
Alexandra Cotoulas and Scotty Braun want their close-ups.
If they win, the duo (Alex, 21, works the camera; Scotty, 22, reports) will get to be correspondents at the Oscars Feb. 27 in Hollywood at the Kodak Theatre. The two have been lifelong friends since attending Watchung Hills Regional High School in Warren, N.J.
To vote for them go to http://oscars.mtvu.com until Jan. 28.
ARTIST ON THE RISE
A shoutout goes out to Jorge Cavalier. The Key Biscayne resident, 57, was named a winner in Russell Simmons' Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series.
The gin company partnered with the rap mogul's Rush Philanthropic Art Foundation to launch the search for the next big names in multimedia art and photography.
The Colombian native -- who has shown at Art Basel -- was picked out of almost 2,000 artists from across the U.S. for his dramatic sculpture installation, Labyrinths.
If you're in NYC, stop by the Rush Arts Gallery and see his work.
On Our Radar
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules
- Mario Lopez parties on yacht in Miami Beach