UM students looking for red carpet action
Alexandra Cotoulas and Scotty Braun want their close-ups. The University of Miami seniors entered a nationwide ``red carpet'' contest sponsored by MTV's college network mtvU and just found out...
Alexandra Cotoulas and Scotty Braun want their close-ups.
If they win, the duo (Alex, 21, works the camera; Scotty, 22, reports) will get to be correspondents at the Oscars Feb. 27 in Hollywood at the Kodak Theatre. The two have been lifelong friends since attending Watchung Hills Regional High School in Warren, N.J.
To vote for them go to http://oscars.mtvu.com until Jan. 28.
ARTIST ON THE RISE
A shoutout goes out to Jorge Cavalier. The Key Biscayne resident, 57, was named a winner in Russell Simmons' Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series.
The gin company partnered with the rap mogul's Rush Philanthropic Art Foundation to launch the search for the next big names in multimedia art and photography.
The Colombian native -- who has shown at Art Basel -- was picked out of almost 2,000 artists from across the U.S. for his dramatic sculpture installation, Labyrinths.
If you're in NYC, stop by the Rush Arts Gallery and see his work.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'