Ultra Music Festival 2011
Ultra Music Festival will take place March 25-27, 2011 -- two weeks after Winter Music Conference.
The events, which usually both took place on the last weekend of March every year, will be separated by two weeks in 2011.
The Ultra Music Festival will occupy its usual weekend, but has now expanded to three days: Friday, March 25; Saturday, March 26; and Sunday, March 27.
Meanwhile the Winter Music Conference will be held March 8 through 12 at the Miami Beach Convention Center. The fact that the events no longer coincide may alienate fans in the electronic dance music community, who used to be able to travel to South Florida for both events in one weekend.
The other mystery is the location of Ultra. The festival has long called Bicentennial Park home, but the announcement of the 2011 event gave the ambiguous "Downtown Miami" as its venue. The construction of a museum park in Bicentennial Park has made the festival's future in that location uncertain, and it looks like the festival might have already been evicted.
Although no artists have been announced, early-bird three-day tickets have already sold out. Tickets are $179.95 for now.
Ultra Music Festival
March 25-27, 2011
Tickets: $179.95 for three-day admission (limited time)
Music in Miami
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida
- Nu Deco Ensemble, Miami's 21st Century Orchestra, announces second season and it is massive
- Miami Latin funk band Suenalo to play free concert at Ball & Chain
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- 2016 Summer Music Concert Guide for South Florida
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena