Ultra Music Festival 2011
Ultra Music Festival will take place March 25-27, 2011 -- two weeks after Winter Music Conference.
Ultra Music Festival
March 25-27, 2011
Tickets: $179.95 for three-day admission (limited time)
The events, which usually both took place on the last weekend of March every year, will be separated by two weeks in 2011.
The Ultra Music Festival will occupy its usual weekend, but has now expanded to three days: Friday, March 25; Saturday, March 26; and Sunday, March 27.
Meanwhile the Winter Music Conference will be held March 8 through 12 at the Miami Beach Convention Center. The fact that the events no longer coincide may alienate fans in the electronic dance music community, who used to be able to travel to South Florida for both events in one weekend.
The other mystery is the location of Ultra. The festival has long called Bicentennial Park home, but the announcement of the 2011 event gave the ambiguous "Downtown Miami" as its venue. The construction of a museum park in Bicentennial Park has made the festival's future in that location uncertain, and it looks like the festival might have already been evicted.
Although no artists have been announced, early-bird three-day tickets have already sold out. Tickets are $179.95 for now.
Music in Miami
- Demi Lovato plays Miami on Sunday
- Review: Lily Allen’s too cool to grow up
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Erasure plays Fillmore Miami Beach on Friday night
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- Review: Pop star Katy Perry's playful, colorful Prismatic show sprinkles signs of maturity
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party