UFC's Rashad Evans to throw out first pitch tonight
At Marlins game
This ought to be interesting. In advance of the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s return to South Florida on Friday 8 at the BankAtlantic Center, light heavyweight star and South Florida resident “Suga” Rashad Evans will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Miami Marlins game on Tuesday, at 7 p.m. A former UFC champion, Evans, 32, lives in Boca Raton and has become a huge fan of the Marlins since relocating to South Florida. He’ll take to the mound at Marlins Park and test his arm as the Marlins battle divisional rival, the Atlanta Braves.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails