Two Miami companies have major award cred
Two Miami businesses are among more than 100 U.S. food and beverage companies presented with 2014 Good Food Awards. Panther Coffee, the Wynwood-based small-batch roaster and retail shop, and Cacao Art, a Miami maker of high-end Venezuelan chocolate, were announced as winners during a gala this month in San Francisco. Panther earned nods in the coffee category for its Ethiopian Chelba and Nicaraguan Kailash roasts. Cacao was honored in the confections category for its chocolate ganache infused with cardamom and Tupelo honey. Now in its fourth year, the Good Food Awards honor “people who make food that is delicious, respectful of the environment, and connected to communities and cultural traditions,” according to the group.
On Our Radar
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht