Two Miami companies have major award cred
Two Miami businesses are among more than 100 U.S. food and beverage companies presented with 2014 Good Food Awards. Panther Coffee, the Wynwood-based small-batch roaster and retail shop, and Cacao Art, a Miami maker of high-end Venezuelan chocolate, were announced as winners during a gala this month in San Francisco. Panther earned nods in the coffee category for its Ethiopian Chelba and Nicaraguan Kailash roasts. Cacao was honored in the confections category for its chocolate ganache infused with cardamom and Tupelo honey. Now in its fourth year, the Good Food Awards honor “people who make food that is delicious, respectful of the environment, and connected to communities and cultural traditions,” according to the group.
On Our Radar
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love