Two Miami companies have major award cred
Two Miami businesses are among more than 100 U.S. food and beverage companies presented with 2014 Good Food Awards. Panther Coffee, the Wynwood-based small-batch roaster and retail shop, and Cacao Art, a Miami maker of high-end Venezuelan chocolate, were announced as winners during a gala this month in San Francisco. Panther earned nods in the coffee category for its Ethiopian Chelba and Nicaraguan Kailash roasts. Cacao was honored in the confections category for its chocolate ganache infused with cardamom and Tupelo honey. Now in its fourth year, the Good Food Awards honor “people who make food that is delicious, respectful of the environment, and connected to communities and cultural traditions,” according to the group.
On Our Radar
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV
- David Beckham's line of swimwear coming to H&M