Two Miami companies have major award cred
Two Miami businesses are among more than 100 U.S. food and beverage companies presented with 2014 Good Food Awards. Panther Coffee, the Wynwood-based small-batch roaster and retail shop, and Cacao Art, a Miami maker of high-end Venezuelan chocolate, were announced as winners during a gala this month in San Francisco. Panther earned nods in the coffee category for its Ethiopian Chelba and Nicaraguan Kailash roasts. Cacao was honored in the confections category for its chocolate ganache infused with cardamom and Tupelo honey. Now in its fourth year, the Good Food Awards honor “people who make food that is delicious, respectful of the environment, and connected to communities and cultural traditions,” according to the group.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'