Tudor House & The Fed tag team for Father's Day festivities, which may or may not include strippers
Bourbon, a 60-lb pig, cigars, and scantily clad ladies at the ultimate Miami man bash
Sort of like when Fonzie from Happy Days would cross over into some episodes of Laverne & Shirley, like the Ewing family crossover from Dallas into Knots Landing, or, for the young 'uns, when Grey's Anatomy kvetches over into Private Practice, Tudor House and The Federal Food, Drink & Provisions are joining forces to throw the penultimate, possibly risqué Father's Day fiesta that may make up for all those years of frilly, flowery brunches and tacky ties.
Dad's day begins at 12:30 at Tudor House, where The Fed's Aniece Meinhold will be serving Bourbon cocktails until 1:30 p.m. "I'm going over there to shake some drinks up, because I love getting people saucy," she tells us, and [Fed chef and co-owner Cesar Zapata Diaz] is putting together some canapes for that first hour. Then [Tudor chef] Jaime DeRosa will be coming to our place to share his signature items and man the grill with Ceez."
But wait! There's more and we're not talking about the live music. At 1:30 p.m. at Tudor House, it's the unveiling of a 60-lb. pig from Palmetto Farm. Cost for the Tudor House portion of the day is $65 plus tax and tip, which includes cocktail hour, unlimited eats, PBR's and more.
The party will then move over to The Fed, where there will be a pop-up Scotch bar and cigar pairing with Sosa Cigars along with "unlimited smoked goods and scantily clad ladies post sunset." Dinner is $55 per person plus tax and tip.
As for the strippers, they're working on yet another cross promo with one of Miami's finer gent's clubs to have their ladies swing by and possibly offer a complementary entrance to the club for an aperitif. Because there's nothing like saying thanks, Dad, with some exotic dancers. Take that, Hallmark. Stay tuned for details on that one. For reservations, call The Fed at 305-758-9559 or Tudor House at 305-534-8455.
Here's what you can expect food & drink wise:
At Tudor House:
Frozen Mint Julep
Beer Trough of PBR’s and Miller High Life
Buffalo Style Pork Belly, blue cheese, pickled carrot/celery
Jar o' Duck, candied sweet potato, charred fluff
Cheesy Mac & Cheese Balls
“Pig-Veiling” of the 60LB Palmetto Farm Pig
Grilled Yellowtail Snapper
stuffed with Panzanella Salad, Olives, Feta, Grilled Bread
Pressed Watermelon Salad, Lime, Ricotta Salata
Alsatian Potato Salad with Pickled Onions
Pickled Vegetables, Jams, Mustards
Grilled Shrimp “Peel N Eats” stuffed with Cilantro and Chilis
At The Fed
Pitchers of Punch
Pop Up Whiskey Bar
Octopus, Olives, Lemon
Chicken Liver Pate, Pickled Cauliflower, Grilled Bread
Peaches ‘n Cream - Fresh, Pickled & Sorbet
Big Ole’ Smoked Pork Shank
St. Louis Style Pork Ribs
Texas Cowboy Beef Brisket
Bobo’s Fried Chicken
Ginormous Grilled Shrimp
Whole Grilled Corn, savory kumquat butter
Homemade Tart Cole Slaw cabbage, watermelon, celery seeds
Federal Potato Salad served warm, bacon, pickles, scallions
Desserts (and strippers) TBD
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach