Trump: He's burning up
Donald Trump mixed business with pleasure Friday night. The 64-year-old mogul and his cronies threw a party to literally
Donald Trump mixed business with pleasure Friday night.
burn the $210 million mortgage of the Trump Royale high rise in
Sunny Isles Beach. In plain English, it's paid off.
The pyrotechnic stunt has been done before: in the '80s, Trump staged a ``mortgage burning'' at NYC's Trump Tower. We're unsure if that bash had the same pomp as Friday night's party, which included sexy fire dancers.
The Donald was in a great mood, with reason. ``This is a proud moment because we're in a terrible economy,'' he said. ``We have a lot of happy people so we decided to have a little fun tonight.''
Trump isn't celebrating long; he returns to the boardroom to host season 11 of Celebrity Apprentice March 6 on NBC.
``It's going to be a great cast,'' Trump promised. ``Look at the past winners, Bret Michaels, Joan Rivers and Piers Morgan. No one had really ever heard of Piers before. Now he's taking over for Larry King. I picked a winner.''
Trump sees no sign of the hit show dying down.
``There have been 15 copies of Apprentice. I don't want to mention names, but many celebrities have tried to do a version or a knockoff, and most failed within the first week,'' he said. ``And they all have failed.''
What's the secret, then?
``I think people watch it to learn about business, but the concept is different,'' he said. ``Be it Omarosa or whatever -- it's great entertainment.''
-- MADELEINE MARR
On Our Radar
- Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather at Heat game
- Jookin with Lil Buck in Miami
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Christian Slater shows up at party
- Shaq: from basketball to law enforcement
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance