True Hip Hop
Photographer Mike Schreiber has spent the last 12 years photographing rap stars and presents his work at AE District.
True Hip Hop
AE District, 3852 North Miami Ave., Miami
November 10-November 26; opening reception 7 p.m. on November 10
AE District, located in Miami’s Design District, presents “True Hip-Hop,” a fine art photography collection 12 years in the making by nationally recognized photographer Mike Schreiber, at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, November 10.
The exhibition provides a behind-the-scenes look into the lives of hip-hop musicians, capturing them in a raw light. Schreiber’s photos convey the essence of cultural life and perspective, resulting in an unmatched aesthetic viewpoint that is refined yet undeniably honest in its organic and gritty tone.
Schreiber is a self-taught photographer whose work has graced the pages of Esquire, Rolling Stone and New York Magazine. His talent has also been featured on high-profile ad campaigns for Mountain Dew, AND-1, City Year and Partnership for a Drug-Free America.
The opening reception at AE District, located at 3852 North Miami Avenue, will be hosted by Talib Kweli with music by Keen One + Chris Culture. The exhibition will be open to the public from November 10 to November 26.
See and Do
- Perez Art Museum Miami’s new exhibits will reflect Miami
- George Balanchine’s ‘The Nutcracker’
- The Orchid Show takes over Design District on Nov. 14
- Optic Nerve Film Festival 14 takes place Friday at Museum of Contemporary Art
- Visual Arts in Miami
- Charles LeDray at the Bass Museum
- Microteatro brings theater shorts to downtown Miami
- Miami Museums
- Tigertail presents Tool is Loot, a collaborative dance
- Miami City Ballet debuts new work by young British choreographer