True Hip Hop
Photographer Mike Schreiber has spent the last 12 years photographing rap stars and presents his work at AE District.
AE District, located in Miami’s Design District, presents “True Hip-Hop,” a fine art photography collection 12 years in the making by nationally recognized photographer Mike Schreiber, at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, November 10.
The exhibition provides a behind-the-scenes look into the lives of hip-hop musicians, capturing them in a raw light. Schreiber’s photos convey the essence of cultural life and perspective, resulting in an unmatched aesthetic viewpoint that is refined yet undeniably honest in its organic and gritty tone.
Schreiber is a self-taught photographer whose work has graced the pages of Esquire, Rolling Stone and New York Magazine. His talent has also been featured on high-profile ad campaigns for Mountain Dew, AND-1, City Year and Partnership for a Drug-Free America.
The opening reception at AE District, located at 3852 North Miami Avenue, will be hosted by Talib Kweli with music by Keen One + Chris Culture. The exhibition will be open to the public from November 10 to November 26.
True Hip Hop
AE District, 3852 North Miami Ave., Miami
November 10-November 26; opening reception 7 p.m. on November 10
See and Do
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Miami.com debuts ‘Ocho de Noche’ series with exclusive event at Teatro Trail on Aug. 26
- A complete guide to Miami's many museums
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 17-19
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 10-12
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?