True Hip Hop
Photographer Mike Schreiber has spent the last 12 years photographing rap stars and presents his work at AE District.
True Hip Hop
AE District, 3852 North Miami Ave., Miami
November 10-November 26; opening reception 7 p.m. on November 10
AE District, located in Miami’s Design District, presents “True Hip-Hop,” a fine art photography collection 12 years in the making by nationally recognized photographer Mike Schreiber, at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, November 10.
The exhibition provides a behind-the-scenes look into the lives of hip-hop musicians, capturing them in a raw light. Schreiber’s photos convey the essence of cultural life and perspective, resulting in an unmatched aesthetic viewpoint that is refined yet undeniably honest in its organic and gritty tone.
Schreiber is a self-taught photographer whose work has graced the pages of Esquire, Rolling Stone and New York Magazine. His talent has also been featured on high-profile ad campaigns for Mountain Dew, AND-1, City Year and Partnership for a Drug-Free America.
The opening reception at AE District, located at 3852 North Miami Avenue, will be hosted by Talib Kweli with music by Keen One + Chris Culture. The exhibition will be open to the public from November 10 to November 26.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel
- Big brands descend on Miami Art Week to expose emerging artists to the public
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission