Trevor Project Night
Mercadito in Midtown holds a charity event to benefit GLBT questioning youth
On Tuesday, Nov. 2, Mercadito Mexican restaurant in Midtown will host a cocktail party in support of The Trevor Project, the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth.
With the recent rise in gay teen suicides across the United States, at the cocktail party there will be a video station set-up where all guests will be welcomed to contribute their thoughts & words of encouragement as part of a Miami community public service announcement supporting The Trevor Project.
The event goes from 7 – 9 p.m. and signature Mercadito cocktails and bites will be served. To make dinner reservations call 786-369-0430. To RSVP for the event email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contribute by texting TREVOR to 85944 to make a $5 donation to The Trevor Project. Remember you must reply YES to confirm your gift and standard data and message rates apply.
The Trevor Project saves young lives through its free and confidential lifeline, in-school workshops, educational materials, online resources and advocacy. The organization was founded in 1998 by three filmmakers whose film, “Trevor,” a comedy/drama about a gay teenager who attempts suicide, received the 1994 Academy Award® for Best Short Film (Live Action).
See and Do
- Miami Events - December 2015
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Week: Nov 30 - Dec 5
- Eddie Izzard comes to Miami with 'Force Majeure' tour
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off