Trevor Project Night
Mercadito in Midtown holds a charity event to benefit GLBT questioning youth
On Tuesday, Nov. 2, Mercadito Mexican restaurant in Midtown will host a cocktail party in support of The Trevor Project, the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth.
With the recent rise in gay teen suicides across the United States, at the cocktail party there will be a video station set-up where all guests will be welcomed to contribute their thoughts & words of encouragement as part of a Miami community public service announcement supporting The Trevor Project.
The event goes from 7 – 9 p.m. and signature Mercadito cocktails and bites will be served. To make dinner reservations call 786-369-0430. To RSVP for the event email email@example.com
You can also contribute by texting TREVOR to 85944 to make a $5 donation to The Trevor Project. Remember you must reply YES to confirm your gift and standard data and message rates apply.
The Trevor Project saves young lives through its free and confidential lifeline, in-school workshops, educational materials, online resources and advocacy. The organization was founded in 1998 by three filmmakers whose film, “Trevor,” a comedy/drama about a gay teenager who attempts suicide, received the 1994 Academy Award® for Best Short Film (Live Action).
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Miami Events - October 2015
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'