Trevor Project Night
Mercadito in Midtown holds a charity event to benefit GLBT questioning youth
On Tuesday, Nov. 2, Mercadito Mexican restaurant in Midtown will host a cocktail party in support of The Trevor Project, the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth.
With the recent rise in gay teen suicides across the United States, at the cocktail party there will be a video station set-up where all guests will be welcomed to contribute their thoughts & words of encouragement as part of a Miami community public service announcement supporting The Trevor Project.
The event goes from 7 – 9 p.m. and signature Mercadito cocktails and bites will be served. To make dinner reservations call 786-369-0430. To RSVP for the event email email@example.com
You can also contribute by texting TREVOR to 85944 to make a $5 donation to The Trevor Project. Remember you must reply YES to confirm your gift and standard data and message rates apply.
The Trevor Project saves young lives through its free and confidential lifeline, in-school workshops, educational materials, online resources and advocacy. The organization was founded in 1998 by three filmmakers whose film, “Trevor,” a comedy/drama about a gay teenager who attempts suicide, received the 1994 Academy Award® for Best Short Film (Live Action).
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Five reasons you should dress like an early 20th century Irishman on Bloomsday
- Top 4 events during Irie Weekend