Trevor Project Night
Mercadito in Midtown holds a charity event to benefit GLBT questioning youth
On Tuesday, Nov. 2, Mercadito Mexican restaurant in Midtown will host a cocktail party in support of The Trevor Project, the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth.
With the recent rise in gay teen suicides across the United States, at the cocktail party there will be a video station set-up where all guests will be welcomed to contribute their thoughts & words of encouragement as part of a Miami community public service announcement supporting The Trevor Project.
The event goes from 7 – 9 p.m. and signature Mercadito cocktails and bites will be served. To make dinner reservations call 786-369-0430. To RSVP for the event email email@example.com
You can also contribute by texting TREVOR to 85944 to make a $5 donation to The Trevor Project. Remember you must reply YES to confirm your gift and standard data and message rates apply.
The Trevor Project saves young lives through its free and confidential lifeline, in-school workshops, educational materials, online resources and advocacy. The organization was founded in 1998 by three filmmakers whose film, “Trevor,” a comedy/drama about a gay teenager who attempts suicide, received the 1994 Academy Award® for Best Short Film (Live Action).
See and Do
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 1-7
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 29-31
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Feel the Force: Hurricanes and Other Hazards at the Frost Museum of Science
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week