The Trendy Truck
The Trendy Truck rolls out with trendy fashions...on wheels.
We're all for a mobile truck which whips up fashions instead of deep-fried Oreos.
Coming March 28, 2013, The Trendy Truck hits the streets of South Florida stocked with hard-to-find brands such as Gypsy Junkies, Knot Sisters, Elliatt, LeSpecs and Melie Bianco.
The brainchild of mother daughter duo Brenda Hunter and Sydney Edwards, Edwards says, "My Mom was sitting in the airport and stumbled across a magazine article featuring L.A.-based fashion trucks. Immediately she called me with the idea and I began brainstorming — there was no turning back after that."
It was no easy feat to find a truck to transform into a fully functional boutique but after six months and an eight-hour road trip the search was over. Hunter and Edwards saw potential in the 1974 Chevy Step-Van, previously used as an army fire-truck, but knew it would need a complete makeover. The Trendy Truck design includes a custom build out of wardrobe racks, pullout drawers, accessory shelves, cork flooring custom light fixtures and a private dressing room.
Edwards describes the inspiration behind the truck, “ The idea of a traveling boutique was instantly intriguing to my mother and I and we definitely saw an opportunity for success in South Florida. The Trendy Truck offers a service that brick and mortar boutiques can’t; a tailored shopping experience for customers with the convenience of shopping at your doorstep.”
The boutique will meander from Miami to West Palm Beach popping up shop on the streets, at festivals, fundraisers, business offices or private at home shopping events and will offer the latest trends and styling needs; providing services such as at home shopping parties, personal shopping and personal styling.
As for working with her mother, Edwards adds, "Working with my mom has been great so far — I couldn’t ask for a better person to share a business with. We both enjoy everything about the fashion industry so turning this passion into a business together has been an extremely rewarding experience!"
The Trendy Truck
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District