Recycle your Christmas tree! Here's how, greenies.
Well, the presents have been exchanged. The meals have been prepared and eaten. Santa and the reindeer are safely ensconced at the North Pole. The New Year approaches and every time you enter your living room in your bare feet, dried pine needles from the tree stick to your soles. What was once a fresh, supple pine that smelled like Christmas is now a large version of every houseplant you ever murdered. This is no bueno.
What's a household to do?
Recycle that tree! Starting Tuesday, January 3, 2012, Miami Beach residents can schedule curbside collection by dialing (305) 594-1500. Or you can drop off your tree at Trash and Recycling Collection Centers, open seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at West Little River, 1830 N.W. 79, Street Snapper Creek. Also an option? Home Chemical Collection Centers accepts Christmas trees for recycling seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. located at 8831 N.W. 58 Street.
Green is good!
- Eberjey Sample Sale!
- Art Basel Shopping & Fashion Events Guide
- Hola, Webster Cabana at St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- U.S. Polo Assn. Pop-Up Event at University of Miami
- Black Friday and Holiday Season Mall Hours
- Meet ALEXIS Designer
- Locks of Love Event at Sprout
- Saks Key To The Cure
- Fashion Happy Hour: Bloggers Give Edition
- Miami Design District Updates