Recycle your Christmas tree! Here's how, greenies.
Well, the presents have been exchanged. The meals have been prepared and eaten. Santa and the reindeer are safely ensconced at the North Pole. The New Year approaches and every time you enter your living room in your bare feet, dried pine needles from the tree stick to your soles. What was once a fresh, supple pine that smelled like Christmas is now a large version of every houseplant you ever murdered. This is no bueno.
What's a household to do?
Recycle that tree! Starting Tuesday, January 3, 2012, Miami Beach residents can schedule curbside collection by dialing (305) 594-1500. Or you can drop off your tree at Trash and Recycling Collection Centers, open seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at West Little River, 1830 N.W. 79, Street Snapper Creek. Also an option? Home Chemical Collection Centers accepts Christmas trees for recycling seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. located at 8831 N.W. 58 Street.
Green is good!
- Doral to Open T.J.Maxx
- ‘Tis the Season to Shop to Stop MS at Saks
- New H&M Opening Soon
- New Stores at Miami International Mall
- Meet Dan Marino at Macy's Dadeland
- Shop For A Cause with Blogger Angeles Almuna
- beGlammed On-Demand Beauty Service Launches in Miami
- SEPHORA Opening in Coral Gables
- Capretto Shoes to Host Two Stylish Events
- Create Your Own Chuck Taylor All Star Sneakers