A trail of Michelle Bernstein's Crumb leads to The Webster
Bernstein bakery fave sets up shop at South Beach's swanky clothier
Last week, Michelle Bernstein announced via her Crumb on Parchment Twitter feed that the Design District bakery fave was setting up shop within South Beach's swanky retail spot, The Webster. Crumb takes over the space formerly known as the hyper luxe Caviar Kaspia.
“I’ve been a fan of The Webster since it opened and love the space,” says Bernstein. “The care and thought that Laure and Milan (The Webster’s owners) put into everything they do is evident and mirror how David (Martinez, her husband and business partner) and I approach cooking and hospitality. Working together was a very easy decision to make.”
Crumb will serve lunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday and coffee, pastries and cocktails until 8 p.m.
As for Bernstein's other endeavors, she and hubby Martinez will continue to own and operate the original as well as Michy's and, according to vague PR hints, "additional restaurant concepts are also in the works."
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami