A trail of Michelle Bernstein's Crumb leads to The Webster
Bernstein bakery fave sets up shop at South Beach's swanky clothier
Last week, Michelle Bernstein announced via her Crumb on Parchment Twitter feed that the Design District bakery fave was setting up shop within South Beach's swanky retail spot, The Webster. Crumb takes over the space formerly known as the hyper luxe Caviar Kaspia.
“I’ve been a fan of The Webster since it opened and love the space,” says Bernstein. “The care and thought that Laure and Milan (The Webster’s owners) put into everything they do is evident and mirror how David (Martinez, her husband and business partner) and I approach cooking and hospitality. Working together was a very easy decision to make.”
Crumb will serve lunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday and coffee, pastries and cocktails until 8 p.m.
As for Bernstein's other endeavors, she and hubby Martinez will continue to own and operate the original as well as Michy's and, according to vague PR hints, "additional restaurant concepts are also in the works."
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March