Trader Joe's not headed to Miami anytime soon
Specialty grocery store has no plans to be in Miami just yet
Kill the buzz on Trader Joe's coming to Brickell. Despite reports of talks with a major retail project there, Trader Joe's is not involved. We contacted the specialty grocery store's PR rep Alison Mochizuki, who told us, "The downtown Brickell area is not in our 2 year plan at this time." As for plans to open a TJ's anywhere else in Miami? Don't hold your breath but instead, just cross Alligator Alley to Naples or head over to Sarasota where the chain's second Florida store will open in September. Then again, if you're schlepping for Two Buck Chuck, you may want to think about how much that gas is really worth.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo