Trader Joe's not headed to Miami anytime soon
Specialty grocery store has no plans to be in Miami just yet
Kill the buzz on Trader Joe's coming to Brickell. Despite reports of talks with a major retail project there, Trader Joe's is not involved. We contacted the specialty grocery store's PR rep Alison Mochizuki, who told us, "The downtown Brickell area is not in our 2 year plan at this time." As for plans to open a TJ's anywhere else in Miami? Don't hold your breath but instead, just cross Alligator Alley to Naples or head over to Sarasota where the chain's second Florida store will open in September. Then again, if you're schlepping for Two Buck Chuck, you may want to think about how much that gas is really worth.
- R House restaurant, lounge, art space opening January in Wynwood
- Canadian chain Earls Kitchen + Bar opening Spring 2014 in Dadeland Mall
- Buns & Buns bringing the bread--meat, vegetables & seafood--to South Miami in 2014
- Say ciao to Serafina at Dream South Beach, closing at the end of December
- Former Miami chef Kerry Simon batting aggressive form of Parkinson's
- Eating House's spicy holiday greeting card goes viral
- Copperbox restaurant space in Wynwood for sale
- Chef Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar rustic Italian now open in Midtown
- The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
- Shake Shack Coral Gables hosts The Brooklyn Brewery Mash: Miami Edition December 9