Trader Joe's not headed to Miami anytime soon
Specialty grocery store has no plans to be in Miami just yet
Kill the buzz on Trader Joe's coming to Brickell. Despite reports of talks with a major retail project there, Trader Joe's is not involved. We contacted the specialty grocery store's PR rep Alison Mochizuki, who told us, "The downtown Brickell area is not in our 2 year plan at this time." As for plans to open a TJ's anywhere else in Miami? Don't hold your breath but instead, just cross Alligator Alley to Naples or head over to Sarasota where the chain's second Florida store will open in September. Then again, if you're schlepping for Two Buck Chuck, you may want to think about how much that gas is really worth.
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant