Trader Joe's not headed to Miami anytime soon
Specialty grocery store has no plans to be in Miami just yet
Kill the buzz on Trader Joe's coming to Brickell. Despite reports of talks with a major retail project there, Trader Joe's is not involved. We contacted the specialty grocery store's PR rep Alison Mochizuki, who told us, "The downtown Brickell area is not in our 2 year plan at this time." As for plans to open a TJ's anywhere else in Miami? Don't hold your breath but instead, just cross Alligator Alley to Naples or head over to Sarasota where the chain's second Florida store will open in September. Then again, if you're schlepping for Two Buck Chuck, you may want to think about how much that gas is really worth.
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton