Toscana Divino: Please drink our wine
'Divine' Italian eatery in Miami's Brickell neighborhood offers summer specials.
Toscana Divino, the 3.5-star, chic Italian eatery in Brickell, features a gorgeous, glass-enclosed, 2,000-bottle wine case. And this summer, the restaurant wants you to help it pop some of those bottles.
Executive chef Julian Baker will showcase hard-to-find Italian wines in a monthly dinner series that kicks off on Tuesday, May 6.
Each dinner will focus on a different region of Italy, with Baker cooking a four-course meal representative of that area paired with local wines for $100 a person, plus tax and tip. The inaugural region: Sicily. Dishes include squid-ink pasta with sea urchin and roasted veal tenderloin with sweet-and-sour artichoke.
On Wednesday, May 7, Toscana begins a new series of happy hour-style wine tastings, held (most) every other Wednesday this summer from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
For $30 a person, guests can taste five different wines and nosh on meats and cheeses. The first event will feature Napa Valley wines. Upcoming tastings will explore wines of France (May 21), Chile and Argentina (June 4), Champagne (July 23, with oysters, $80), Umbria (Aug. 6), Spain (Aug. 20), Tuscany (Sept. 3). RSVP to email@example.com.
And if the dinners and tastings weren't enticement enough, Toscana Divino also is chopping 30 to 40 percent off the price of more than 30 bottles from its lunch and dinner wine list. Discounted bottles will change monthly.
- Michelle Bernstein's kitchen team comes together at new Michy's
- The List: Miami's best food with Barceloneta's Juliana Gonzalez
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall