Toscana Divino: Please drink our wine
'Divine' Italian eatery in Miami's Brickell neighborhood offers summer specials.
Toscana Divino, the 3.5-star, chic Italian eatery in Brickell, features a gorgeous, glass-enclosed, 2,000-bottle wine case. And this summer, the restaurant wants you to help it pop some of those bottles.
Executive chef Julian Baker will showcase hard-to-find Italian wines in a monthly dinner series that kicks off on Tuesday, May 6.
Each dinner will focus on a different region of Italy, with Baker cooking a four-course meal representative of that area paired with local wines for $100 a person, plus tax and tip. The inaugural region: Sicily. Dishes include squid-ink pasta with sea urchin and roasted veal tenderloin with sweet-and-sour artichoke.
On Wednesday, May 7, Toscana begins a new series of happy hour-style wine tastings, held (most) every other Wednesday this summer from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
For $30 a person, guests can taste five different wines and nosh on meats and cheeses. The first event will feature Napa Valley wines. Upcoming tastings will explore wines of France (May 21), Chile and Argentina (June 4), Champagne (July 23, with oysters, $80), Umbria (Aug. 6), Spain (Aug. 20), Tuscany (Sept. 3). RSVP to email@example.com.
And if the dinners and tastings weren't enticement enough, Toscana Divino also is chopping 30 to 40 percent off the price of more than 30 bottles from its lunch and dinner wine list. Discounted bottles will change monthly.
- Kitchen changes at Miami Beach restaurants The Dutch and Essensia
- The List: Miami's best foods according to BLT Prime chef Dustin Ward
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to Spiga's Saele Cantoni
- DIRT restaurant to boast clean eating in South Beach
- Gastro moves: GastroPod closes at Aventura Mall, Gastrobar opens in Sunny Isles
- The List: Miami's best bites with Soho Bay's Ricky Sauri
- Jugofresh to open healthy pop-up restaurant in South Beach
- Taste of the Nation serves up food, wine and beer for charity in Miami Beach