Toscana Divino: Please drink our wine
'Divine' Italian eatery in Miami's Brickell neighborhood offers summer specials.
Toscana Divino, the 3.5-star, chic Italian eatery in Brickell, features a gorgeous, glass-enclosed, 2,000-bottle wine case. And this summer, the restaurant wants you to help it pop some of those bottles.
Executive chef Julian Baker will showcase hard-to-find Italian wines in a monthly dinner series that kicks off on Tuesday, May 6.
Each dinner will focus on a different region of Italy, with Baker cooking a four-course meal representative of that area paired with local wines for $100 a person, plus tax and tip. The inaugural region: Sicily. Dishes include squid-ink pasta with sea urchin and roasted veal tenderloin with sweet-and-sour artichoke.
On Wednesday, May 7, Toscana begins a new series of happy hour-style wine tastings, held (most) every other Wednesday this summer from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
For $30 a person, guests can taste five different wines and nosh on meats and cheeses. The first event will feature Napa Valley wines. Upcoming tastings will explore wines of France (May 21), Chile and Argentina (June 4), Champagne (July 23, with oysters, $80), Umbria (Aug. 6), Spain (Aug. 20), Tuscany (Sept. 3). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if the dinners and tastings weren't enticement enough, Toscana Divino also is chopping 30 to 40 percent off the price of more than 30 bottles from its lunch and dinner wine list. Discounted bottles will change monthly.
- Brickell and Miami's Design District are getting new Italian restaurants
- Las Olas gets a new Italian restaurant
- Sip with the experts at La Cave d'Azur's weekly wine tasting
- Feast on a 2lb lobster at Morton's Aug 22
- 7 Peruvian seafood restaurants in Miami to try now
- What's the Best? 5 Cool Ice Cream Shops
- Struggling Lorenzo calls it quits in Miami Beach
- Blackbrick Chinese: A 2014 Best New Restaurant
- Oak Tavern debuts food & wine pairing and late-night pizza menus
- Miami restaurant updates: Ins, Outs and Almosts