Tori Spelling to be Grand Marshall for Fort Lauderdale's Winterfest Boat Parade
Reality star/actress Tori Spelling tries out her sea legs as Grand Marshall of Winterfest Boat Parade on Dec. 14
Actress, reality star and craft maven Tori Spelling joins the ranks of celebrity Grand Marshalls for this year's Winterfest. The event, which started 42 years ago with an armada of yachts touring together through Fort Lauderdale's waterways with the theme "A Tropical Fantasy," now includes a black tie gala, golf tournament, White Party, shoreline decorating extravaganza plus receptions and parties galore.
The Winterfest Boat Parade, which follows a 12-mile course down Fort Lauderdale's New River on north up the Intracoastal to Pompano Beach, will take place on Dec. 14 and offers Grand Stand viewing at Birch State Park on the northeast corner of Sunrise Boulevard and the Intracoastal Waterway.
Spelling has been navigating the media circuit promoting her latest book "Spelling It Like It Is," where she has been probed about a few frank confessions she made in the book; she admits that a racy video she and hubby Dean McDermott made may have fallen into the wrong hands and that the couple balked at getting McDermott a vasectomy because they couldn't afford the procedure. Thankfully, the mother of four has no intention of adding porn star to her credits, as she confirmed on CBS' "The Talk" on Nov. 6, where she said she would never allow the video to circulate were it to surface. Hubby confirmed to US Weekly that, as of now, their finances are ship shape.
On Our Radar
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV
- David Beckham's line of swimwear coming to H&M