Top Winter Music Conference Events for Friday, March 23
Our picks for the best events day and night
PETE TONG'S POOL PARTY: There's a reason they call this British superstar DJ "Lord of the Dance," and it has nothing to do with Michael Flatley. The BBC Radio 1 host and tastemaker heads a stunning lineup including Calvin Harris, Chuckie, Feed Me, Joris Voorn, Nic Fanciulli and R3hab; 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. at the Surfcomber Hotel, 1717 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; www.wantickets.com; $75 - $95.
NO SUGAR ADDED: Two-day event on four stages boasts ridiculous talent that rivals Ultra, with Paul Oakenfold, Gabriel & Dresden, Carl Craig, Miss Kittin and Joachim Garraud (Friday), and Sharam, James Zabiela, Hernan Cattaneo, Felix da Housecat and Drop the Lime (Saturday); 11 a.m. - 5 a.m. Friday and Saturday at Nikki Beach, 1 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; www.wantickets.com; $55-$170.
VIVA MUSIC: Tribal-house master Steve Lawler's annual party is always a down-and-dirty, decadent event, with M.A.N.D.Y. and Matthew Dear also on the bill; noon - 10:30 p.m. at The Pool Shelborne South Beach, 1801 Collins Ave.; www.wantickets.com; $50.
FUTURE SOUND OF BREAKS: 10th-anniversary "Legacy" party features five rooms and more than 100 artists dropping drum-'n'-bass, jungle, dubstep, sub bass and electro, starring DJ Icey, Stanton Warriors, Datsik, Dieselboy, LTJ Bukem, Baby Anne and Krafty Kuts; 8 p.m. - 7 a.m. at Mekka, 950 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; www.wantickets.com; $50-$80.
F*** ME I'M FAMOUS: French house god David Guetta's annual blowout is one of the hottest tickets, thus the somewhat prohibitive pricing. Nicky Romero and Daddy's Groove round out the lineup; 11 p.m. - 5 a.m. at LIV at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; www.wantickets.com; $295.
- 11 DJs You Have To See During Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival
- SiriusXM Music Lounge returns to W Hotel for exclusive DJ sets during Miami Music Week
- Video displays in unusual shapes and places dominate Ultra Music Festival in Miami
- Madonna takes stage at Ultra Music Festival on Saturday night
- Tiesto, DJs battle on the soccer field at Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Top 10 DJs according to “Can U Feel It: The UMF Experience”
- Ultra Music Festival returns to its Bayfront roots
- Music Loves Fashion takes over Raleigh Hotel with Avicii and Skrillex
- Top Winter Music Conference Events for Sunday, March 25
- Top Winter Music Conference Events for Saturday, March 24