The Top Three Trends of the 90s That Are Back Again
There’s no denying ‘90s nostalgia is having a stylish renaissance (cue the Beverly Hills, 90210 soundtrack here).
Hey Birkenstocks, scrunchies and overalls: The ‘90s called. They want their trends back. We’re so serious.
Yes, with the comeback of double-strapped sandals, poofy colorful hair ties and denim onesies, there’s no denying ‘90s nostalgia is having a stylish renaissance (cue the Beverly Hills, 90210 soundtrack here). With this said, allow us to dissect each polarizing fad for you and how to pull each one off with sartorial aplomb.
Birkenstocks: These strappy sandals boasting a contoured footbed were once synonymous with liberals and hippies — but are now mainstream. Besides, they’re so comfortable, how could you not love these German gems? (Also: No socks required!) Pair them with cropped jeans for that effortless look Kate Moss mastered in 1990.
Scrunchies: Love ‘em or hate ‘em, these chunky and funky elastic hair bands are extremely practical. Use these fabric-covered hair bands as a fun way to add edge to any meh look. See Rita Ora and Selena Gomez pictured here for instant inspo.
Overalls: Step away from the sundress! Overalls are summer’s staple. And the trend is showing no sign of slowing down. Paired with a basic white tee and ballet flats, overalls emulate a carefree and cool look. There is a caveat, however: Wear both straps — as wearing only one strap should be left in the ‘90s. For good.
- 7 things you didn't know about designer Rachel Roy & her first book, "Design Your Life"
- 6 Spring 2016 Trends You Need To Try Now
- Like Father, Like Son: Le Club Swimwear
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store
- Diane von Furstenberg to Visit Books & Books and Aventura Mall
- Meet Dee and Tommy Hilfiger
- Dwayne Wade to Sell Clothing for Charity