Top Chef alums Shirley Chung, Nina Compton to cook at Miami Beach's Scarpetta
The duo will reunite in the Scarpetta kitchen on May 17.
Top Chef season 11 fan fave Nina Compton, chef de cuisine at Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach, will be joined by her competitor-turned-friend, Shirley Chung, for a five-course collaborative menu on May 17.
"Shirley and I just clicked," said Compton. "When the show was finished [she] and I kept in touch and promised to do something together and I'm thrilled we've been able to make it work."
The dinner is $150 a person, not including tax and tip; there are two, 50-person seatings: 6:30 and 9:30 p.m.
Here's the menu:
LOBSTER CRUDO: Glass Noodle and Crustacean Consommè (Chung)
ROASTED DIVER SCALLOPS: Sunchokes and Ramp Gremolata (Compton)
PICI: Lamb Neck Sugo, Chinese Spices (Chung)
28 DAY AGED RIB EYE OF BEEF: Ceci Bean Pesto and Smoked Bone Marrow (Compton)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE: Dark Chocolate, Coffee, Pecans (Compton)
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai