Top Chef alums Shirley Chung, Nina Compton to cook at Miami Beach's Scarpetta
The duo will reunite in the Scarpetta kitchen on May 17.
Top Chef season 11 fan fave Nina Compton, chef de cuisine at Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach, will be joined by her competitor-turned-friend, Shirley Chung, for a five-course collaborative menu on May 17.
"Shirley and I just clicked," said Compton. "When the show was finished [she] and I kept in touch and promised to do something together and I'm thrilled we've been able to make it work."
The dinner is $150 a person, not including tax and tip; there are two, 50-person seatings: 6:30 and 9:30 p.m.
Here's the menu:
LOBSTER CRUDO: Glass Noodle and Crustacean Consommè (Chung)
ROASTED DIVER SCALLOPS: Sunchokes and Ramp Gremolata (Compton)
PICI: Lamb Neck Sugo, Chinese Spices (Chung)
28 DAY AGED RIB EYE OF BEEF: Ceci Bean Pesto and Smoked Bone Marrow (Compton)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE: Dark Chocolate, Coffee, Pecans (Compton)
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot