Top Chef alums Shirley Chung, Nina Compton to cook at Miami Beach's Scarpetta
The duo will reunite in the Scarpetta kitchen on May 17.
Top Chef season 11 fan fave Nina Compton, chef de cuisine at Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach, will be joined by her competitor-turned-friend, Shirley Chung, for a five-course collaborative menu on May 17.
"Shirley and I just clicked," said Compton. "When the show was finished [she] and I kept in touch and promised to do something together and I'm thrilled we've been able to make it work."
The dinner is $150 a person, not including tax and tip; there are two, 50-person seatings: 6:30 and 9:30 p.m.
Here's the menu:
LOBSTER CRUDO: Glass Noodle and Crustacean Consommè (Chung)
ROASTED DIVER SCALLOPS: Sunchokes and Ramp Gremolata (Compton)
PICI: Lamb Neck Sugo, Chinese Spices (Chung)
28 DAY AGED RIB EYE OF BEEF: Ceci Bean Pesto and Smoked Bone Marrow (Compton)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE: Dark Chocolate, Coffee, Pecans (Compton)
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails coming to Hallandale Beach later this summer
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run