Top Chef alum Kenny Gilbert drafting Swine Southern Table & Bar menu
Yardbird's porcine sibling, Southern Table & Bar, debuts in the fall
2415 Ponce De Leon Boulevard
Coral Gables is squealing with delight over the impending fall opening of Swine Southern Table & Bar, the porcine sibling of Yardbird. Currently, Executive Chef and Top Chef alum Kenny Gilbert is working on the menu which will showcase "his passion for classic American cuisine with a fresh, modern perspective." To wash it all down, a bevereage program will feature culinary-driven cocktails and seasonal craft beers.
“Pork is such a universal ingredient with so many uses - we can’t wait to get in the kitchen at Swine and turn out some amazing and unique dishes,” said 50 Eggs CEO, John Kunkel. “We had an abundance of great ideas when we were opening Yardbird, but we wanted to focus on poultry. Swine will feature all of the great ideas we’ve had for the meat side of things.” And none of it has anything to do with the big Ruby Tuesday deal Kunkel just made.
Swine will be open for dinner, lunch and Sunday brunch.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.