Top Chef alum Kenny Gilbert drafting Swine Southern Table & Bar menu
Yardbird's porcine sibling, Southern Table & Bar, debuts in the fall
Coral Gables is squealing with delight over the impending fall opening of Swine Southern Table & Bar, the porcine sibling of Yardbird. Currently, Executive Chef and Top Chef alum Kenny Gilbert is working on the menu which will showcase "his passion for classic American cuisine with a fresh, modern perspective." To wash it all down, a bevereage program will feature culinary-driven cocktails and seasonal craft beers.
“Pork is such a universal ingredient with so many uses - we can’t wait to get in the kitchen at Swine and turn out some amazing and unique dishes,” said 50 Eggs CEO, John Kunkel. “We had an abundance of great ideas when we were opening Yardbird, but we wanted to focus on poultry. Swine will feature all of the great ideas we’ve had for the meat side of things.” And none of it has anything to do with the big Ruby Tuesday deal Kunkel just made.
Swine will be open for dinner, lunch and Sunday brunch.
2415 Ponce De Leon Boulevard
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name