Top Chef alum Andrew D'Ambrosi's pop-up at Josh's Deli
Season 4 contestant cooking at Surfside hotspot in June
This just in: following a successful stint by Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog, Josh's Deli announces yet another pop-up by a top chef, this time Top Chef Chicago (Season 4) alum Andrew D'Ambrosi, a Florida born New York chef who these days he's executive chef at Bamboo Bernie’s on St. Maarten. D'Ambrosi will be cooking at the deli from June 7-10. "There will be an entrance, middle and a finish," D'Ambrosi says. "There will be a purpose . . . but it will be entertaining. Too serious becomes boring. There will definitely be something with bacon." We hear his specialty is braised bacon, specifically, as well as duck confit with cauliflower puree, sake-cured hamachi, ginger beet cured salmon and roasted gnudi. Some may make cameos on the pop up menu. The chef's multi-course meal (approx. 7 plates) will be $79 per person, or you can order ala carte. Seatings can hold 22 people only. To reserve your spot, call 305-397-8484. If you can't make this pop-up at Josh's, there will be others, perhaps even from a former Milos chef. Stay tuned.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo