Top Chef alum Andrew D'Ambrosi's pop-up at Josh's Deli
Season 4 contestant cooking at Surfside hotspot in June
This just in: following a successful stint by Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog, Josh's Deli announces yet another pop-up by a top chef, this time Top Chef Chicago (Season 4) alum Andrew D'Ambrosi, a Florida born New York chef who these days he's executive chef at Bamboo Bernie’s on St. Maarten. D'Ambrosi will be cooking at the deli from June 7-10. "There will be an entrance, middle and a finish," D'Ambrosi says. "There will be a purpose . . . but it will be entertaining. Too serious becomes boring. There will definitely be something with bacon." We hear his specialty is braised bacon, specifically, as well as duck confit with cauliflower puree, sake-cured hamachi, ginger beet cured salmon and roasted gnudi. Some may make cameos on the pop up menu. The chef's multi-course meal (approx. 7 plates) will be $79 per person, or you can order ala carte. Seatings can hold 22 people only. To reserve your spot, call 305-397-8484. If you can't make this pop-up at Josh's, there will be others, perhaps even from a former Milos chef. Stay tuned.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.