Top 5 Places to Watch Heat vs Thunder NBA Finals Game 5 on Thursday, June 21
Cheer the Heat in the NBA Finals
Back on the Heat bandwagon, now that LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh (glad he's healthy) have made it back to the NBA Finals after beating the Celtics in 7 games? Dancing like the Heat players did in the locker room after beating Boston (see video above), knowing that the LeBron's first championship is within reach?
Well squeeze in and find a seat, because it's getting crowded. The Heat play the Thunder in Game 5 of the NBA Finals here in Miami on Thursday night at 9 p.m. (ABC, WPLG-10) and try and clinch the series, and the NBA Championship, at home.
Here are our picks on where to watch Thursday's game with friends, and even be close to the action.
1. Duffy’s Sports Grill, 3929 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach.
First off, it's an official sports bar of the Miami Heat. There are always 2-for-1 drink specials at night. And with 201 televisions in the 25,000 square foot, indoor-outdoor location, you won't miss a James dunk or jumpsuit
2. The Clevelander, 1020 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach
So you want to be ready to party as soon as the Heat win? Then this Ocean Drive staple on South Beach is the place to be, with live music on Saturday night's outside, and plenty of indoor and outdoor viewing spots. Just make sure to get there early to secure a table.
3. Foxhole, 1218 14th Court, Miami Beach
So you want to be out, enjoy a drink, but still hear the commentary? Then head to this locals hideout on South Beach, where the game will be on every television, including a massive high def screen, and live game audio will surround you - and everyone else at the bar.
4. Will Call, 700 NE 2nd Ave, Miami
Haven't heard of this place? That's because it just opened a week ago and is getting great reviews (check out ours right here). Best of all, this intimate bar with 20 flat screens is located across the street from AmericanAirlines Arena.
5. Nearly any restaurant or bar in Miami-Dade County
Who are we kidding? Thursday night if a dining or drinking establishment doesn't have the Heat-Thunder game on a television, they could be missing out on plenty of customers. Even fancy Scarpetta restaurant at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach rolls out a large 48-inch tv into its bar area for games. Walk up and down Lincoln Road and nearly every restaurant will have a screen with the game on. From Aventura to Kendall, Doral to Coral Gables, the NBA Finals will be Must See TV.
2012 NBA Finals
Miami Heat vs Oklahoma City Thunder
All games on ABC (WPLG-10)
Tue, June 12
at OKC, 9pm
Thu, June 14
at OKC, 9pm
Sun, June 17
at MIA, 8pm
Tue, June 19
at MIA, 9pm
Thu, June 21
at MIA, 9pm
Sun, June 24
at OKC, 8pm
Tue, June 26
at OKC, 9pm
See and Do
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship
- Miami's coolest events courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Nov. 15-30