Top 5 places to celebrate or sulk after the BCS championship game between Alabama and Notre Dame.
Get your post-game on
The BCS championship game is over. Now it's time to celebrate like a champion - or drown your sorrows in large pint of something bitter yet refreshing.
Here are our picks for the best five spots to celebrate or sulk.
1. Mansion with Rick Ross. It's time to pop some bottles in honor of the champs with none other than Miami's-own Rick Ross performing. Or you could go here if your team loses and really wipe out the bad taste. Mansion nightclub, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. Doors open at 10 p.m.
2. Radio pop-up bar. So you lost a lot of money on the game, or maybe you spent all your money on tickets to the game. Regardless, now that you don't have very much money left but still need something savory and strong to cap your night, this craft cocktail bar is your spot. Radio, 841 1st St., Miami Beach. Open 8 p.m. - 5 a.m.
3. Fontainebleau lobby bar. If you are an Alabama fan and the Tide rolls to another national championship, head to the team hotel and take over the lobby bar with fellow fans. Fontainebleau Miami Beach, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
4. Westin Diplomat lobby bar. Home for the Fighting Irish, there is a private event for the team planned after the game. If you are an Irish fan, perhaps you can crash it or talk your way in. Otherwise, there should be lots of fans ready to greet the team post game. Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, 3555 South Ocean Dr., Hollywood
5a. Maguires Irish Pub. The official Notre Dame headquarters in downtown Fort Lauderdale will have beer trucks, over-sized TV screens, food stations and more. If the Irish win, expect the party to go late into the night. Maguires Hill 16, 535 N. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale
5b. Monty's South Beach. This popular spot is the official Notre Dame watch bar on Miami Beach, with events and pep rallies all weekend. If the Irish win, expect the celebration to go late and fans watching the game highlights on one of the 20-plus television screens. Monty's Sunset, 400 Alton Rd., Miami Beach.
Any Irish bar will do after a Notre Dame victory. Here are some to choose from.
- Playwright Irish Pub, 1265 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
- Waxy O'Connor's, 1248 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
- Fado's, 900 S. Miami Ave., Miami
- Murphy's Law, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
For Alabama fans looking for some down home drinks after a victory
Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami. Live music with Eric Vick (alternative acoustic folk) and plenty of late night drink choices.
Seminole Hard Rock Casino.
Win or lose, you can gamble the night away if you feel lucky or just want to change your luck. Slots and tables are open all night. Seminole Hard Rock Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
- "Treasures of the Hard Rock" features memorabilia from music legends
- Bloc Party rocks Soho Studios for Absolut X event
- Drinks and music in Miami, some for a noble cause
- Party Patrol - Miami - May 15-19
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Weekend Ticket - May 17-19
- Party Patrol - Miami - May 9-12
- Abundant bubbly, a masquerade and Wynwood Radio
- Weekend Ticket - May 10-12
- Party Patrol - Miami - Cinco de Mayo Edition