Tony Abou-Ganim brings cocktails to Q After Dark
Iron Chef creates special spirits menu for Moët Hennessy's new event during South Beach Wine & Food Festival
Hennessy VS Mojito
1½ Oz Hennessy V.S
½ Oz Fresh Lime Juice
¼ Oz Simple Syrup
3 To 4 Fresh Mint Leaves
Muddle and serve over ice, top with soda, serve in highball or rocks glass.
Grand Marnier’s Smash is a modern twist on a classic cocktail. Very simple ingredients that come together to create a truly dynamic libation that is easy to create.
Grand Marnier's Smash
1½ Oz Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge
4 Chuncks Fresh Lemon
6 - 8 Mint Leaves
Muddle and strain over ice
Belvedere Lemon Tea is Belvedere’s newest maceration blending real black and green tea leaves, lemon grass, chamomile, ginger and a touch of honey and lemon. The Rasp lemon tea Caprioska is a perfect spring cocktail with a fresh and inviting combination of flavors
Belvedere Raspberry Lemon Tea Caprikoska
1½ Oz Belvedere Lemon Tea
½ Oz Simple Syrup
½ Oz Fresh Lemon Juice
Muddle and Serve Over Ice
Mixologist and Iron Chef Tony Abou-Ganim will be bringing his cocktails to the beach when the Moët Hennessy's Q After Dark, the afterparty for Moët Hennessy's The Q, debuts on Thursday, Feb. 23 behind the Delano Hotel. Along with flowing champagne, Abou-Ganim will create a trio of signature cocktails: Hennessy VS Mojito, Belvedere Raspberry Lemon Tea Caprikoska and Grand Marnier's Smash. We caught up with Abou-Ganim to see if he’s ready to host a new South Beach Wine & Food Festival event.
When making a cocktail menu for a party the size of Q After Dark, what is more important - quality of ingredients or speed of service?
I believe that you can still embrace quality in a fast passed environment if you are well prepared. There is no substitute for quality.
What are you looking forward to the most about Thursday's event?
Interacting with the guests.
When you are looking to relax and take a break, unplug if you will, what is your drink of choice?
A Negroni, or the drink that is in my glass.
What is the most under-appreciated cocktail ingredient and why?
Ruby Red Grapefruit. It is so much more than just for a Greyhound, although a freshly made Greyhound is amazing.
What is the biggest misconception about cocktails, when it comes to spirits?
That a cocktail must be complicated. My favorite drinks are simple and celebrate the base spirit, not mask it.
- Event Notes: Breaking down the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Breaking down Eats & Beats in Miami's Design District
- The 10 best dishes from the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Uncorked 2014: Reports from the 2014 South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 5 Things We Are Excited About at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- 10 Best of the (Unofficial) Best during Wine & Food Weekend
- Where to party beyond the party: SBWFF 2014 satellite events
- South Beach Wine & Food Festival spurs plenty of spillover parties
- Chef Andrew Zimmern headlines 2014 South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- SBWFF 2014: Bring a taste of the Festival home with you with Marc Forgione