Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
Radio Bar's new Thursday night series brings rare bourbons to the South Beach
Radio Bar, 814 1st St., Miami Beach; radiosouthbeach.com or 305-397-8382.
'Bourbon & Beats' is every Thursday night from 6 p.m. - 5 a.m.
Tonight, Radio Bar hosts its 'Bourbon & Beats' event series for serious boozehounds. Every Thursday, the lounge in South Beach's South of Fifth neighborhood will serve extremely rare, hard-to-find, and limited production bourbons for a discounted price.
Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15-year is available tonight for $65 a glass. This price might seem outrageous, but other venues (if they're lucky enough to get it from the Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery in Kentucky) typically charge around $80 per pour for the premium bourbon.
Next Thursday's superstar is Templeton Small Batch Rye Bourbon, Al Capone's booze of choice during Prohibition.
Bourbon cocktails such as the Boulevardier (Jim Beam Black, Campari, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, orange), the Old Fashioned (Basil Hayden, demerara sugar, Angostura bitters, house made orange bitters), and the Primal Fear (Knob Creek, Carpano Bianco Dry Vermouth, cinnamon, lemon, peach bitters, egg whites) are available along with the special bourbon offering for $8 each.
For a lowbrow twist on a rather highbrow night, pair your scarcely found bourbon with popcorn from Radio's complimentary popcorn bar, featuring flavors like buffalo wing, bacon cheddar, garlic parmesan, cheesy jalapeño, caramel, kettle corn, ranch and white cheddar flavors.
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015
- Go Drink This: Gas Me Up Punch
- Get your bourbon on at Shula's 347 Grill December 8
- Go Drink This: Dirty Pickle
- Go Drink This: Clicquot Rich and Peppers