Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
Radio Bar's new Thursday night series brings rare bourbons to the South Beach
Radio Bar, 814 1st St., Miami Beach; radiosouthbeach.com or 305-397-8382.
'Bourbon & Beats' is every Thursday night from 6 p.m. - 5 a.m.
Tonight, Radio Bar hosts its 'Bourbon & Beats' event series for serious boozehounds. Every Thursday, the lounge in South Beach's South of Fifth neighborhood will serve extremely rare, hard-to-find, and limited production bourbons for a discounted price.
Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15-year is available tonight for $65 a glass. This price might seem outrageous, but other venues (if they're lucky enough to get it from the Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery in Kentucky) typically charge around $80 per pour for the premium bourbon.
Next Thursday's superstar is Templeton Small Batch Rye Bourbon, Al Capone's booze of choice during Prohibition.
Bourbon cocktails such as the Boulevardier (Jim Beam Black, Campari, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, orange), the Old Fashioned (Basil Hayden, demerara sugar, Angostura bitters, house made orange bitters), and the Primal Fear (Knob Creek, Carpano Bianco Dry Vermouth, cinnamon, lemon, peach bitters, egg whites) are available along with the special bourbon offering for $8 each.
For a lowbrow twist on a rather highbrow night, pair your scarcely found bourbon with popcorn from Radio's complimentary popcorn bar, featuring flavors like buffalo wing, bacon cheddar, garlic parmesan, cheesy jalapeño, caramel, kettle corn, ranch and white cheddar flavors.
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar
- Wunderbar at Circa 39 charms with global cocktails and flavors in Mid-Beach