Tommy Hilfiger Takes Miami
Are you a Tommy boy or girl? Then read this Q&A with the celebrated American designer.
Tommy Hilfiger is as American as apple pie. Peek into any man’s wardrobe and you’ll seek a slew of his classic polos. We chatted up the celebrated designer as he was in town to host the “Men of Style” event at Macy’s Dadeland Mall and heard what he had to say about South Florida living and of course, style.
What's new and exciting with your brand? We just opened our 22,000 square-foot global flagship store on Fifth Avenue in September. We’re also excited about the new fall collection available at Macy’s, which I’ll be discussing along with GQ style correspondent Brett Fahlgren at Macy’s Dadeland on Saturday.
Tell us, what are Fall's must-have items? Denim shirts and pops of color like red or green.
What one item should every man have in his closet? A navy blazer.
In your opinion, what is the worst fashion faux pas a man can commit? Wearing clothes that don’t fit.
Which other designers do you adore? Hermès and Tory Burch.
You frequent Miami often. What are some of your favorite spots? The Design District and Ocean Drive — both areas are very different from one another yet share Miami's contagious energy.
Where do you like to shop in Miami? Besides our store on Collins Avenue, which has a surf shop in the back that I love, I also like shopping on Lincoln Road and visiting some of the galleries there.
What do you love most about Miami? The weather is great, especially for someone who grew up in upstate New York.
TIT FOR TAT WITH TOMMY:
Your signature scent: Hilfiger
Favorite getaway: My house in Mustique
Miami's best-kept secret: The surf shop in our Collins Avenue store
Best fashion trend this year: The return of preppy
Celebrity you'd most like to meet: Madonna
Best Miami dish: It’s a tie between the seafood at Pacific Time and the super steak at The Forge
Macy's Dadeland Mall
7303 SW 88th Street, Miami
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 things you didn't know about designer Rachel Roy & her first book, "Design Your Life"
- 6 Spring 2016 Trends You Need To Try Now
- Like Father, Like Son: Le Club Swimwear
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store
- Diane von Furstenberg to Visit Books & Books and Aventura Mall
- Meet Dee and Tommy Hilfiger