Today's Ticket - 6/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, June 17, 2009
SHOP TILL YOU DROP
SHOP MIAMI 2009
Gen Art presents a New York-style, four-hour shopping spree featuring cutting-edge designs and fabulous fragrances, plus free drinks and sounds by DJ Ray Milian. Details: 6-7 p.m. VIP ($30 in advance, $40 at the door, includes one-hour private pre-sale, access to the 42 Below specialty drink lounge and a VIP gift bag loaded with goodies); 7-10 p.m. general admission ($10 advance, $20 at the door, includes open bar and beauty services; Moore Building, 4040 NE 2nd Ave., Miami's Design District; 212-255-7300 or www.genart.org.
PEDRO BARBEITO AND JASON GRINGLER
New York artists present new works, including "Siren," by Barbeito, above. Details: Opening reception 6-9 p.m., running through Aug. 8 at the Charest-Weinberg Gallery, 250 NW 23rd St., Space 408, Miami; 305-292-0411; free.
Local Latin funk fusionistas perform two sets. Details: 11 p.m. at Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9372 or www.jazid.net; $5.
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Former Vagabond space in downtown Miami to open as 'Steam,' an interactive theatrical nightclub, alongside a speakeasy bar and outdoor concert space
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space