Today's Ticket - 6/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, June 17, 2009
SHOP TILL YOU DROP
SHOP MIAMI 2009
Gen Art presents a New York-style, four-hour shopping spree featuring cutting-edge designs and fabulous fragrances, plus free drinks and sounds by DJ Ray Milian. Details: 6-7 p.m. VIP ($30 in advance, $40 at the door, includes one-hour private pre-sale, access to the 42 Below specialty drink lounge and a VIP gift bag loaded with goodies); 7-10 p.m. general admission ($10 advance, $20 at the door, includes open bar and beauty services; Moore Building, 4040 NE 2nd Ave., Miami's Design District; 212-255-7300 or www.genart.org.
PEDRO BARBEITO AND JASON GRINGLER
New York artists present new works, including "Siren," by Barbeito, above. Details: Opening reception 6-9 p.m., running through Aug. 8 at the Charest-Weinberg Gallery, 250 NW 23rd St., Space 408, Miami; 305-292-0411; free.
Local Latin funk fusionistas perform two sets. Details: 11 p.m. at Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9372 or www.jazid.net; $5.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival