Today's Ticket - 6/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, June 17, 2009
SHOP TILL YOU DROP
SHOP MIAMI 2009
Gen Art presents a New York-style, four-hour shopping spree featuring cutting-edge designs and fabulous fragrances, plus free drinks and sounds by DJ Ray Milian. Details: 6-7 p.m. VIP ($30 in advance, $40 at the door, includes one-hour private pre-sale, access to the 42 Below specialty drink lounge and a VIP gift bag loaded with goodies); 7-10 p.m. general admission ($10 advance, $20 at the door, includes open bar and beauty services; Moore Building, 4040 NE 2nd Ave., Miami's Design District; 212-255-7300 or www.genart.org.
PEDRO BARBEITO AND JASON GRINGLER
New York artists present new works, including "Siren," by Barbeito, above. Details: Opening reception 6-9 p.m., running through Aug. 8 at the Charest-Weinberg Gallery, 250 NW 23rd St., Space 408, Miami; 305-292-0411; free.
Local Latin funk fusionistas perform two sets. Details: 11 p.m. at Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9372 or www.jazid.net; $5.
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital