Today's Ticket - 6/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, June 17, 2009
SHOP TILL YOU DROP
SHOP MIAMI 2009
Gen Art presents a New York-style, four-hour shopping spree featuring cutting-edge designs and fabulous fragrances, plus free drinks and sounds by DJ Ray Milian. Details: 6-7 p.m. VIP ($30 in advance, $40 at the door, includes one-hour private pre-sale, access to the 42 Below specialty drink lounge and a VIP gift bag loaded with goodies); 7-10 p.m. general admission ($10 advance, $20 at the door, includes open bar and beauty services; Moore Building, 4040 NE 2nd Ave., Miami's Design District; 212-255-7300 or www.genart.org.
PEDRO BARBEITO AND JASON GRINGLER
New York artists present new works, including "Siren," by Barbeito, above. Details: Opening reception 6-9 p.m., running through Aug. 8 at the Charest-Weinberg Gallery, 250 NW 23rd St., Space 408, Miami; 305-292-0411; free.
Local Latin funk fusionistas perform two sets. Details: 11 p.m. at Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9372 or www.jazid.net; $5.
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Ball & Chain presents new album series
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it