Today's Ticket - 6/16
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Energetic dancers and jaw-dropping acrobatics meet pulsing club music in "Fuerza Bruta."
Details: 7:30 p.m., running through July 5 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org; $63.75-$73.75.
SHOW YOUR STUFF
Founder Chrystal Hartigan brings together singers and songwriters, including you, if you're up for it.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Abdo New River Room, 201 SW Fifth Ave., Fort Lauderdale; www.browardcenter.org; $5.
Weekly party mixes hip-hop, house, and Brazilian beats with a rock 'n' roll attitude.
Details: 11 p.m. at Mokai, 235 23rd St., Miami Beach; 305-531-4166.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami is on fire this summer with bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Former Vagabond space in downtown Miami to open as 'Steam,' an interactive theatrical nightclub, alongside a speakeasy bar and outdoor concert space
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space