Today's Ticket - 6/11
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, June 11, 2009
Bermudian reggae singer performs tunes from his latest album, Above the Bones, plus hits including Give You All the Love. Opening are Zaki Ibrahim and The Resolvers.
Details: 7 p.m. at Revolution, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $12.
BETTER THAN EZRA
New Orleans band performs hits including Good and In the Blood, along with Tyrone Wells and Marianne Keith.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $19.99.
Former Miami Herald columnist, who taught journalism in Cairo after her stint at the paper, discusses her latest novel, The Last War.
Details: 8 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator