Today's Ticket - 6/08
Here's are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, June 8, 2009
“DIVINE DEBRIS & GLORIOUS TRASH”
Artists display works fabricated from found, discarded and recycled objects.
Details: Open installation and meet the artists, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday; opening reception 7-9 p.m. Tuesday; exhibit open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. through Friday at Miami Beach Botanical Garden, 2000 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach; www.artsatstjohns.com; free.
RISING ACTION THEATRE
The director of the play "Bill W. and Dr. Bob," presented from July 29 through Aug. 9, is seeking actors for the following roles: Two men - Bill W. and Dr. Bob, ages 35-45; two women - Lois and Anne, ages 35-45; and one man and one woman, playing various roles - any age.
Details: 7 p.m. at the Rising Action Theatre, 840 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park; call 954-564-7041.
The Fish close out their series against the San Francisco Giants.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at LandShark Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; www.florida.marlins.mlb.com; tickets start at $12.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull
- Go Drink This: Black Truffle Martini
- Last call at Tobacco Road, free culture @ YoungArts, Pitbull & Enrique after party
- Drink Ilegal Mezcal cocktails at Mansion Nightclub with bartender Virginia King
- A different sort of Bonfire of the Vanities at Conde Contemporary, Sassy City Chicks & a Ritzy beer garden
- Go Drink This: Piña Colada Old Fashioned
- 'Jazz Nights' at The Raleigh in South Beach
- Miami's Hottest Halloween Parties
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Oct. 10-12
- Velvet Underground: A weird Miami bus tour and an AstroJam highlight the weekend