Today's Ticket - 6/08
Here's are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, June 8, 2009
“DIVINE DEBRIS & GLORIOUS TRASH”
Artists display works fabricated from found, discarded and recycled objects.
Details: Open installation and meet the artists, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday; opening reception 7-9 p.m. Tuesday; exhibit open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. through Friday at Miami Beach Botanical Garden, 2000 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach; www.artsatstjohns.com; free.
RISING ACTION THEATRE
The director of the play "Bill W. and Dr. Bob," presented from July 29 through Aug. 9, is seeking actors for the following roles: Two men - Bill W. and Dr. Bob, ages 35-45; two women - Lois and Anne, ages 35-45; and one man and one woman, playing various roles - any age.
Details: 7 p.m. at the Rising Action Theatre, 840 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park; call 954-564-7041.
The Fish close out their series against the San Francisco Giants.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at LandShark Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; www.florida.marlins.mlb.com; tickets start at $12.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Beer, pigskin, skin, more pigskin, music, more beer & Super Bowl!
- 5 reasons why we’re excited about the new Vagabond Restaurant & Bar
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Sunday symphony, saused Flamingos, philanthropic models and a new monthly Edition
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Nude male models in Miami! Booze! Art, music and ping pong, too.
- Ultra Music Festival releases Phase 1 of its 2015 lineup
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar