Today's Ticket - 6/08
Here's are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, June 8, 2009
“DIVINE DEBRIS & GLORIOUS TRASH”
Artists display works fabricated from found, discarded and recycled objects.
Details: Open installation and meet the artists, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday; opening reception 7-9 p.m. Tuesday; exhibit open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. through Friday at Miami Beach Botanical Garden, 2000 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach; www.artsatstjohns.com; free.
RISING ACTION THEATRE
The director of the play "Bill W. and Dr. Bob," presented from July 29 through Aug. 9, is seeking actors for the following roles: Two men - Bill W. and Dr. Bob, ages 35-45; two women - Lois and Anne, ages 35-45; and one man and one woman, playing various roles - any age.
Details: 7 p.m. at the Rising Action Theatre, 840 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park; call 954-564-7041.
The Fish close out their series against the San Francisco Giants.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at LandShark Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; www.florida.marlins.mlb.com; tickets start at $12.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Ball & Chain presents new album series
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it