Today's Ticket - 6/04
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, June 4, 2009
MOVEMENT OF JAH PEOPLE
The spirit of Bob Marley lives on as the reggae king's original band The Wailers performs the classic album "Exodus" in its entirety.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $24.99.
FEAT WON'T FAIL YOU NOW
Swampy blues-rock veterans play classic tunes including "Dixie Chicken," "Fat Man in the Bathtub" and "Oh, Atlanta."
Details: 8 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $25.
Get an early start on your weekend shenanigans at the In the Studio party, which lays down some filthy, booty-shaking grooves. DJs Konflikt and Affect open.
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.mansionmiami.com; $15.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator
- Spooky, boozy, cool: Halloween week in Miami and beyond