Today's Ticket - 6/04
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, June 4, 2009
MOVEMENT OF JAH PEOPLE
The spirit of Bob Marley lives on as the reggae king's original band The Wailers performs the classic album "Exodus" in its entirety.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $24.99.
FEAT WON'T FAIL YOU NOW
Swampy blues-rock veterans play classic tunes including "Dixie Chicken," "Fat Man in the Bathtub" and "Oh, Atlanta."
Details: 8 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $25.
Get an early start on your weekend shenanigans at the In the Studio party, which lays down some filthy, booty-shaking grooves. DJs Konflikt and Affect open.
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.mansionmiami.com; $15.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 22- 24
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Former Vagabond space in downtown Miami to open as 'Steam,' an interactive theatrical nightclub, alongside a speakeasy bar and outdoor concert space