Today's Ticket - 6/04
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, June 4, 2009
MOVEMENT OF JAH PEOPLE
The spirit of Bob Marley lives on as the reggae king's original band The Wailers performs the classic album "Exodus" in its entirety.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $24.99.
FEAT WON'T FAIL YOU NOW
Swampy blues-rock veterans play classic tunes including "Dixie Chicken," "Fat Man in the Bathtub" and "Oh, Atlanta."
Details: 8 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $25.
Get an early start on your weekend shenanigans at the In the Studio party, which lays down some filthy, booty-shaking grooves. DJs Konflikt and Affect open.
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.mansionmiami.com; $15.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Ball & Chain presents new album series
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM