Today's Ticket - 6/03
Here are three great ways to spend your hump-day.
For Wednesday, June 3, 2009
GWEN'S BACK WITH HER BOYS
Gwen Stefani and her L.A. pop-punk group sing hits including "Just a Girl," "Hella Good," "Don't Speak," Hey Baby" and their cover of Talk Talk's "It's My Life," with Paramore opening.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way (South Florida Fairgrounds), West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $10-$80.
HUMP DAY PARTY
Since 1976, the festival has celebrated Caribbean culture with rhythms, dancing and food of the islands.
Details: Noon - 8 p.m. at Grand Avenue and 37th Street in Coconut Grove; 305-448-9501; free.
Miami homeboy and DJ Oscar G has made a name for himself rocking the crowds at Space and churning out booming tribal tracks such as "Dark Beat" with Murk, his project with fellow DJ Ralph Falcon. Now he takes his turntable trickery to Hoy Como Ayer on Hump Day.
Details: 10 p.m. at Hoy Como Ayer, 2212 SW Eighth St., Miami; 305-541-2631; $7.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Prepare for a rum-soaked week as the Rum Renaissance Festival returns to Miami
- W South Beach Presents New W Speakerbox Concert Series
- Ultra Music Festival names retiring Miami Beach Police Chief Ray Martinez new security director
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 18 - 20
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida