Today's Ticket - 6/03
Here are three great ways to spend your hump-day.
For Wednesday, June 3, 2009
GWEN'S BACK WITH HER BOYS
Gwen Stefani and her L.A. pop-punk group sing hits including "Just a Girl," "Hella Good," "Don't Speak," Hey Baby" and their cover of Talk Talk's "It's My Life," with Paramore opening.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way (South Florida Fairgrounds), West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $10-$80.
HUMP DAY PARTY
Since 1976, the festival has celebrated Caribbean culture with rhythms, dancing and food of the islands.
Details: Noon - 8 p.m. at Grand Avenue and 37th Street in Coconut Grove; 305-448-9501; free.
Miami homeboy and DJ Oscar G has made a name for himself rocking the crowds at Space and churning out booming tribal tracks such as "Dark Beat" with Murk, his project with fellow DJ Ralph Falcon. Now he takes his turntable trickery to Hoy Como Ayer on Hump Day.
Details: 10 p.m. at Hoy Como Ayer, 2212 SW Eighth St., Miami; 305-541-2631; $7.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami is on fire this summer with bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Former Vagabond space in downtown Miami to open as 'Steam,' an interactive theatrical nightclub, alongside a speakeasy bar and outdoor concert space
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space
- Life In Color EDM party tapped for halftime performance of Guinness International Champions Cup final at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium