Today's Ticket - 6/03
Here are three great ways to spend your hump-day.
For Wednesday, June 3, 2009
GWEN'S BACK WITH HER BOYS
Gwen Stefani and her L.A. pop-punk group sing hits including "Just a Girl," "Hella Good," "Don't Speak," Hey Baby" and their cover of Talk Talk's "It's My Life," with Paramore opening.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way (South Florida Fairgrounds), West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $10-$80.
HUMP DAY PARTY
Since 1976, the festival has celebrated Caribbean culture with rhythms, dancing and food of the islands.
Details: Noon - 8 p.m. at Grand Avenue and 37th Street in Coconut Grove; 305-448-9501; free.
Miami homeboy and DJ Oscar G has made a name for himself rocking the crowds at Space and churning out booming tribal tracks such as "Dark Beat" with Murk, his project with fellow DJ Ralph Falcon. Now he takes his turntable trickery to Hoy Como Ayer on Hump Day.
Details: 10 p.m. at Hoy Como Ayer, 2212 SW Eighth St., Miami; 305-541-2631; $7.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Ball & Chain presents new album series