Today's Ticket - 6/03
Here are three great ways to spend your hump-day.
For Wednesday, June 3, 2009
GWEN'S BACK WITH HER BOYS
Gwen Stefani and her L.A. pop-punk group sing hits including "Just a Girl," "Hella Good," "Don't Speak," Hey Baby" and their cover of Talk Talk's "It's My Life," with Paramore opening.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way (South Florida Fairgrounds), West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $10-$80.
HUMP DAY PARTY
Since 1976, the festival has celebrated Caribbean culture with rhythms, dancing and food of the islands.
Details: Noon - 8 p.m. at Grand Avenue and 37th Street in Coconut Grove; 305-448-9501; free.
Miami homeboy and DJ Oscar G has made a name for himself rocking the crowds at Space and churning out booming tribal tracks such as "Dark Beat" with Murk, his project with fellow DJ Ralph Falcon. Now he takes his turntable trickery to Hoy Como Ayer on Hump Day.
Details: 10 p.m. at Hoy Como Ayer, 2212 SW Eighth St., Miami; 305-541-2631; $7.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Katsuya unveils new installation by Miami artist Tatiana Suarez
- Miss Coco Peru at Cabaret, Spring Fling at 1111, db Bistro happenings, early bird boozing at Katsuya
- The Forge in Miami Beach fuses music and food three nights a week