Today's Ticket - 6/02
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Weekly party atop the Viceroy's 50th floor features Miami's David Rohn starring in "Teddy Behr in the Garden of Delights," a gender-challenging performance that taps Proust, Yves Saint-Laurent and Warhol.
Details: 7 p.m. at Club 50, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400; free.
HONORING OUR QUEEN
"CELIA: THE LIFE AND MUSIC OF CELIA CRUZ"
Anissa Gathers absolutely nails the glory of the late, great Queen of Salsa.
Details: 7:30 p.m., running through June 21 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org ; $60.
New York band that's toured with Jet, Sonic Youth and Patti Smith takes the stage.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $12.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- DJ Steve Lawler plays one party during Miami Music Week
- Paul Kalkbrenner makes his U.S. debut at Ultra
- Damian Lazarus is ready to Get Lost
- CD Review: Ultra Music Festival Compilation 2014
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death