Today's Ticket - 6/02
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Weekly party atop the Viceroy's 50th floor features Miami's David Rohn starring in "Teddy Behr in the Garden of Delights," a gender-challenging performance that taps Proust, Yves Saint-Laurent and Warhol.
Details: 7 p.m. at Club 50, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400; free.
HONORING OUR QUEEN
"CELIA: THE LIFE AND MUSIC OF CELIA CRUZ"
Anissa Gathers absolutely nails the glory of the late, great Queen of Salsa.
Details: 7:30 p.m., running through June 21 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org ; $60.
New York band that's toured with Jet, Sonic Youth and Patti Smith takes the stage.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $12.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Walk This Way
- Death & Co alive & well in Miami, art before Basel, bargain beach club, Brazilian nights & pool pop-up
- Go Drink This: Spicy Sipper
- Rock legends, beer, booze, an 80s prom & Greased Lightning, Charlie Brown
- Go Drink This: Positano
- Ball and Chain in Little Havana brings the Brazilian Girls to Miami
- Wynwood Art Auction, P.I.G. & funk 'n' jazz
- Go Drink This: Port of Call
- Sidebar opens in Little Havana, A Night in Monte Carlo (in Coral Gables), "Bette Midler" at the Cabaret and Full Mooning in Wynwood
- Miami duo launches high-tech InList app for nightlife experiences