Today's Ticket - 6/02
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Weekly party atop the Viceroy's 50th floor features Miami's David Rohn starring in "Teddy Behr in the Garden of Delights," a gender-challenging performance that taps Proust, Yves Saint-Laurent and Warhol.
Details: 7 p.m. at Club 50, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400; free.
HONORING OUR QUEEN
"CELIA: THE LIFE AND MUSIC OF CELIA CRUZ"
Anissa Gathers absolutely nails the glory of the late, great Queen of Salsa.
Details: 7:30 p.m., running through June 21 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org ; $60.
New York band that's toured with Jet, Sonic Youth and Patti Smith takes the stage.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $12.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Aug. 21-23
- Boozy brunches, dinner parties, rappers and night swimming
- Go Drink This: Thelma and Louise
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Segafredo Brickell
- Go Drink This: Honey Citrus Sidecar
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara
- Legendary The Do-Over Miami party arrives on Sunday!
- Could this be the Best Place to Get a Beer in Miami: Concrete Beach Brewery