Today's Ticket - 6/02
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Weekly party atop the Viceroy's 50th floor features Miami's David Rohn starring in "Teddy Behr in the Garden of Delights," a gender-challenging performance that taps Proust, Yves Saint-Laurent and Warhol.
Details: 7 p.m. at Club 50, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400; free.
HONORING OUR QUEEN
"CELIA: THE LIFE AND MUSIC OF CELIA CRUZ"
Anissa Gathers absolutely nails the glory of the late, great Queen of Salsa.
Details: 7:30 p.m., running through June 21 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org ; $60.
New York band that's toured with Jet, Sonic Youth and Patti Smith takes the stage.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $12.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Armin Van Buuren leaves his mark at Miami Music Week 2014