Today's Ticket - 6/02
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Weekly party atop the Viceroy's 50th floor features Miami's David Rohn starring in "Teddy Behr in the Garden of Delights," a gender-challenging performance that taps Proust, Yves Saint-Laurent and Warhol.
Details: 7 p.m. at Club 50, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400; free.
HONORING OUR QUEEN
"CELIA: THE LIFE AND MUSIC OF CELIA CRUZ"
Anissa Gathers absolutely nails the glory of the late, great Queen of Salsa.
Details: 7:30 p.m., running through June 21 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org ; $60.
New York band that's toured with Jet, Sonic Youth and Patti Smith takes the stage.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $12.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 22- 24
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem