Today's Ticket - 6/01
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, June 1, 2009
I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA
New Jersey hardcore band mixes screamo with spirituality; openers include Outrun the Gun and Oh the Blood.
Details: 6 p.m. at The Dugout, 7413 NW 54th St., Miami; www.myspace.com/thedugoutmiami; $10 advance, $12 at the door; all ages.
Andrew Miller takes the mound for the Fish against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at LandShark Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; www.florida.marlins.mlb.com; tickets start at $12.
University of Pittsburgh Professor Emeritus of Modern Languages discusses and signs Gabriel García Márquez: A Life, the first full and authorized biography of 1982 winner of the Nobel Prize in literature.
Details: 8 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator
- Spooky, boozy, cool: Halloween week in Miami and beyond