Today's Ticket - 6/01
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, June 1, 2009
I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA
New Jersey hardcore band mixes screamo with spirituality; openers include Outrun the Gun and Oh the Blood.
Details: 6 p.m. at The Dugout, 7413 NW 54th St., Miami; www.myspace.com/thedugoutmiami; $10 advance, $12 at the door; all ages.
Andrew Miller takes the mound for the Fish against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at LandShark Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; www.florida.marlins.mlb.com; tickets start at $12.
University of Pittsburgh Professor Emeritus of Modern Languages discusses and signs Gabriel García Márquez: A Life, the first full and authorized biography of 1982 winner of the Nobel Prize in literature.
Details: 8 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami is on fire this summer with bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Former Vagabond space in downtown Miami to open as 'Steam,' an interactive theatrical nightclub, alongside a speakeasy bar and outdoor concert space
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space