Today's Ticket - 6/01
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, June 1, 2009
I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA
New Jersey hardcore band mixes screamo with spirituality; openers include Outrun the Gun and Oh the Blood.
Details: 6 p.m. at The Dugout, 7413 NW 54th St., Miami; www.myspace.com/thedugoutmiami; $10 advance, $12 at the door; all ages.
Andrew Miller takes the mound for the Fish against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at LandShark Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; www.florida.marlins.mlb.com; tickets start at $12.
University of Pittsburgh Professor Emeritus of Modern Languages discusses and signs Gabriel García Márquez: A Life, the first full and authorized biography of 1982 winner of the Nobel Prize in literature.
Details: 8 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Miami nightlife impresario Chris Paciello to open Rockwell nightclub in Miami Beach
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: American Social in Brickell
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Four Seasons Brickell hosts End of Summer pool party
- Metro Railing, antique spicing, sommelier slamming, straycationing & Blocktoberfesting
- Go Drink This: Jalapeño & Tamarind Pisco Sour
- Cinema, celluloid, flicks, a new babe in Brickell named Marion & Mexican Independence Day
- Mansion nightclub closing its doors; re-opening as Icon