Today's Ticket - 5/28
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, May 28, 2009
SUMMER SHORTS FESTIVAL
One-act plays range from family-friendly (Shorts 4 Kids) to bawdy (Michael McKeever's "Splat!," which will forever change the way you looks at "The Wizard of Oz.")
Details: 8 p.m., running through June 21 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org; $42.
Veteran English punk rock band takes the stage with opening acts Flatfoot 56, Howitzer, Nobody's Hero and To Be Hated.
Details: 8:30 p.m. at Churchill's Pub, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-757-1807 or www.churchillspub.com; $5.
"MY SUITCASE FULL OF HOPE"
Documentary by Joe Cardona tells the story of the Cuban freedom flights; narrated by salsa singer Willy Chirino, whose family migrated to the United States when he was 13 through Operation Peter Pan.
Details: 8 p.m. on WPBT2.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- "Treasures of the Hard Rock" features memorabilia from music legends
- Bloc Party rocks Soho Studios for Absolut X event
- Drinks and music in Miami, some for a noble cause
- Party Patrol - Miami - May 15-19
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Weekend Ticket - May 17-19
- Party Patrol - Miami - May 9-12
- Abundant bubbly, a masquerade and Wynwood Radio
- Weekend Ticket - May 10-12
- Party Patrol - Miami - Cinco de Mayo Edition