Today's Ticket - 5/28
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, May 28, 2009
SUMMER SHORTS FESTIVAL
One-act plays range from family-friendly (Shorts 4 Kids) to bawdy (Michael McKeever's "Splat!," which will forever change the way you looks at "The Wizard of Oz.")
Details: 8 p.m., running through June 21 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org; $42.
Veteran English punk rock band takes the stage with opening acts Flatfoot 56, Howitzer, Nobody's Hero and To Be Hated.
Details: 8:30 p.m. at Churchill's Pub, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-757-1807 or www.churchillspub.com; $5.
"MY SUITCASE FULL OF HOPE"
Documentary by Joe Cardona tells the story of the Cuban freedom flights; narrated by salsa singer Willy Chirino, whose family migrated to the United States when he was 13 through Operation Peter Pan.
Details: 8 p.m. on WPBT2.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - July 29-31
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- Have you discovered Miami's top 5 hidden bars yet?
- 5 happy hours you can't miss in Fort Lauderdale
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- Top 5 places in Miami to cure your hangover
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- There's a new place in Miami to drink $1 mojitos and salsa dance
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day