Today's Ticket - 5/28
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, May 28, 2009
SUMMER SHORTS FESTIVAL
One-act plays range from family-friendly (Shorts 4 Kids) to bawdy (Michael McKeever's "Splat!," which will forever change the way you looks at "The Wizard of Oz.")
Details: 8 p.m., running through June 21 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org; $42.
Veteran English punk rock band takes the stage with opening acts Flatfoot 56, Howitzer, Nobody's Hero and To Be Hated.
Details: 8:30 p.m. at Churchill's Pub, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-757-1807 or www.churchillspub.com; $5.
"MY SUITCASE FULL OF HOPE"
Documentary by Joe Cardona tells the story of the Cuban freedom flights; narrated by salsa singer Willy Chirino, whose family migrated to the United States when he was 13 through Operation Peter Pan.
Details: 8 p.m. on WPBT2.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Latin duo Chino y Nacho headlines Aventura Dance Cruise
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 22- 24
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem