Today's Ticket - 5/28
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, May 28, 2009
SUMMER SHORTS FESTIVAL
One-act plays range from family-friendly (Shorts 4 Kids) to bawdy (Michael McKeever's "Splat!," which will forever change the way you looks at "The Wizard of Oz.")
Details: 8 p.m., running through June 21 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org; $42.
Veteran English punk rock band takes the stage with opening acts Flatfoot 56, Howitzer, Nobody's Hero and To Be Hated.
Details: 8:30 p.m. at Churchill's Pub, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-757-1807 or www.churchillspub.com; $5.
"MY SUITCASE FULL OF HOPE"
Documentary by Joe Cardona tells the story of the Cuban freedom flights; narrated by salsa singer Willy Chirino, whose family migrated to the United States when he was 13 through Operation Peter Pan.
Details: 8 p.m. on WPBT2.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- 11 Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 1-4
- Is King of Diamonds strip club coming to Ocean Drive?
- Events in Miami this weekend June 24-26
- What's Hot in Wynwood Right Now
- Where to celebrate National Martini Day in Miami
- 12 events in Miami not to miss this weekend - June 18-20
- A Miami melange of martinis, shrimp, tacos, and silent discos
- Get your drink on while satisfying your sweet tooth at the Miami Ultimate Bartender & Dessert competition
- 13 things to do in Miami this weekend - June 10-12
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek