Today's Ticket - 5/27
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Wednesday, May 27, 2009
WHAT A SHOW
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL
"Saltimbanco" marries themes of how urbanization has affected us with amazing feats of strength and agility.
Details: 7:30 p.m., running through June 7 at the BankAtlantic Center, 1 Panther Pkwy., Sunrise; 954-835-7825 or www.bankatlanticcenter.com; $28-$90.
THE JUAN MACLEAN
Local band performs with The Field and DJ Ross One.
Details: 10 p.m. at LIV at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-4680 or www.livnightclub.com; $20.
Exit 66 launches a new weekly party hosted by Naughty Natalia with music by DJ Snezana.
Details: 10 p.m. at Exit 66, 219 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-357-9981; free admission and cocktails for ladies all night, $10 men.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital