Today's Ticket - 5/20
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Wednesday, May 20, 2009
THE ELECTRIC PICKLE
There's a cool new Wednesday-night party to get your vibe on: Groove to hip-hop, funk, nu-jazz, broken beats and other soulful sounds by resident DJs Mr. Brown, Sire Esq. and A-Train, plus live music by Fusik.
Details: 10 p.m. at The Electric Pickle (formerly Circa 28), 2826 N. Miami Ave., Miami; free with RSVP to ChampionSoundMiami@Gmail.com.
SOUTH BEACH CHAMBER ENSEMBLE
The poetry of Carlos Pintado is put to music by Pamela Marshall, with Mei Mei Luo on violin, Richard Fleischman on viola, Michael andrews on cello, Cindy Blandino on double bass and Ciro Fodere on piano.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at The Sanctuary at ArtSouth, 250 N. Krome Ave., Homestead; www.sobechamberensemble.org; $15, $10 students and seniors.
Gothic, industrial, new wave and electro beats by DJs Dracula's Daughter and Goodroid.
Details: 10 p.m. at Black Sheep, 721 N. Lincoln Ln., South Beach; myspace.com/theofficialmausoleum; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Ball & Chain presents new album series
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it