Today's Ticket - 5/20
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Wednesday, May 20, 2009
THE ELECTRIC PICKLE
There's a cool new Wednesday-night party to get your vibe on: Groove to hip-hop, funk, nu-jazz, broken beats and other soulful sounds by resident DJs Mr. Brown, Sire Esq. and A-Train, plus live music by Fusik.
Details: 10 p.m. at The Electric Pickle (formerly Circa 28), 2826 N. Miami Ave., Miami; free with RSVP to ChampionSoundMiami@Gmail.com.
SOUTH BEACH CHAMBER ENSEMBLE
The poetry of Carlos Pintado is put to music by Pamela Marshall, with Mei Mei Luo on violin, Richard Fleischman on viola, Michael andrews on cello, Cindy Blandino on double bass and Ciro Fodere on piano.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at The Sanctuary at ArtSouth, 250 N. Krome Ave., Homestead; www.sobechamberensemble.org; $15, $10 students and seniors.
Gothic, industrial, new wave and electro beats by DJs Dracula's Daughter and Goodroid.
Details: 10 p.m. at Black Sheep, 721 N. Lincoln Ln., South Beach; myspace.com/theofficialmausoleum; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Beer, pigskin, skin, more pigskin, music, more beer & Super Bowl!
- 5 reasons why we’re excited about the new Vagabond Restaurant & Bar
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Sunday symphony, saused Flamingos, philanthropic models and a new monthly Edition
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Nude male models in Miami! Booze! Art, music and ping pong, too.
- Ultra Music Festival releases Phase 1 of its 2015 lineup
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar