Today's Ticket - 5/20
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Wednesday, May 20, 2009
THE ELECTRIC PICKLE
There's a cool new Wednesday-night party to get your vibe on: Groove to hip-hop, funk, nu-jazz, broken beats and other soulful sounds by resident DJs Mr. Brown, Sire Esq. and A-Train, plus live music by Fusik.
Details: 10 p.m. at The Electric Pickle (formerly Circa 28), 2826 N. Miami Ave., Miami; free with RSVP to ChampionSoundMiami@Gmail.com.
SOUTH BEACH CHAMBER ENSEMBLE
The poetry of Carlos Pintado is put to music by Pamela Marshall, with Mei Mei Luo on violin, Richard Fleischman on viola, Michael andrews on cello, Cindy Blandino on double bass and Ciro Fodere on piano.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at The Sanctuary at ArtSouth, 250 N. Krome Ave., Homestead; www.sobechamberensemble.org; $15, $10 students and seniors.
Gothic, industrial, new wave and electro beats by DJs Dracula's Daughter and Goodroid.
Details: 10 p.m. at Black Sheep, 721 N. Lincoln Ln., South Beach; myspace.com/theofficialmausoleum; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- 13 things you can't miss this President's Day Weekend - Feb. 12-14
- Free Whiskey, rooftop revelry & parties for those who love and couldn't care less about the Super Bowl
- Things to do this weekend in Miami - Jan. 29-31
- Naughty By Nature at LIV, Fashion on Film at Bal Harbour, The Art of Rum and Spam
- Miami Latin Nightclubs
- Happy hours, Pink Floyd yoga, Trick Daddy, jazz & Nu Deco
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 22-24
- Life in Color returns to Miami with Jack U, Zeds Dead, Steve Aoki and more
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Miami Heat after party, EPIC new happy hours, Life in Color & Wine & Reggae in Wynwood