Today's Ticket - 5/20
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Wednesday, May 20, 2009
THE ELECTRIC PICKLE
There's a cool new Wednesday-night party to get your vibe on: Groove to hip-hop, funk, nu-jazz, broken beats and other soulful sounds by resident DJs Mr. Brown, Sire Esq. and A-Train, plus live music by Fusik.
Details: 10 p.m. at The Electric Pickle (formerly Circa 28), 2826 N. Miami Ave., Miami; free with RSVP to ChampionSoundMiami@Gmail.com.
SOUTH BEACH CHAMBER ENSEMBLE
The poetry of Carlos Pintado is put to music by Pamela Marshall, with Mei Mei Luo on violin, Richard Fleischman on viola, Michael andrews on cello, Cindy Blandino on double bass and Ciro Fodere on piano.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at The Sanctuary at ArtSouth, 250 N. Krome Ave., Homestead; www.sobechamberensemble.org; $15, $10 students and seniors.
Gothic, industrial, new wave and electro beats by DJs Dracula's Daughter and Goodroid.
Details: 10 p.m. at Black Sheep, 721 N. Lincoln Ln., South Beach; myspace.com/theofficialmausoleum; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- 5 happy hours you can't miss in Fort Lauderdale
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- Top 5 places in Miami to cure your hangover
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- There's a new place in Miami to drink $1 mojitos and salsa dance
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day
- 12 events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- 5 Miami Beach Happy Hours you can't miss right now