Today's Ticket - 5/20
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Wednesday, May 20, 2009
THE ELECTRIC PICKLE
There's a cool new Wednesday-night party to get your vibe on: Groove to hip-hop, funk, nu-jazz, broken beats and other soulful sounds by resident DJs Mr. Brown, Sire Esq. and A-Train, plus live music by Fusik.
Details: 10 p.m. at The Electric Pickle (formerly Circa 28), 2826 N. Miami Ave., Miami; free with RSVP to ChampionSoundMiami@Gmail.com.
SOUTH BEACH CHAMBER ENSEMBLE
The poetry of Carlos Pintado is put to music by Pamela Marshall, with Mei Mei Luo on violin, Richard Fleischman on viola, Michael andrews on cello, Cindy Blandino on double bass and Ciro Fodere on piano.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at The Sanctuary at ArtSouth, 250 N. Krome Ave., Homestead; www.sobechamberensemble.org; $15, $10 students and seniors.
Gothic, industrial, new wave and electro beats by DJs Dracula's Daughter and Goodroid.
Details: 10 p.m. at Black Sheep, 721 N. Lincoln Ln., South Beach; myspace.com/theofficialmausoleum; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator
- Spooky, boozy, cool: Halloween week in Miami and beyond
- Go Drink This: Fighting for the Flag