Today's Ticket - 5/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, May 18, 2009
"PASSIONS JUST LIKE MINE"
Documentary follows Latin-American fans of ex-Smiths singer Morrissey.
Details: 8:30 p.m. at Sweat Records, 5505 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-758-5862, ext. 5, or www.sweatrecordsmiami.com; free.
FILM IN HD
Winner of the Cannes Film Festival Camera d'Or follows life in the Maze Prison, Northern Ireland, during the 1981 IRA Hunger Strike led by Bobby Sands.
Details: 7:15 and 9 p.m. at the Miami Beach Cinematheque, 512 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-673-4567 or www.mbcinema.com; $10, $7 members, students and seniors.
Former governor and senator discusses his book "America, The Owner's Manual."
Details: 8 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors