Today's Ticket - 5/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, May 18, 2009
"PASSIONS JUST LIKE MINE"
Documentary follows Latin-American fans of ex-Smiths singer Morrissey.
Details: 8:30 p.m. at Sweat Records, 5505 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-758-5862, ext. 5, or www.sweatrecordsmiami.com; free.
FILM IN HD
Winner of the Cannes Film Festival Camera d'Or follows life in the Maze Prison, Northern Ireland, during the 1981 IRA Hunger Strike led by Bobby Sands.
Details: 7:15 and 9 p.m. at the Miami Beach Cinematheque, 512 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-673-4567 or www.mbcinema.com; $10, $7 members, students and seniors.
Former governor and senator discusses his book "America, The Owner's Manual."
Details: 8 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Ball & Chain presents new album series