Today's Ticket - 5/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, May 18, 2009
"PASSIONS JUST LIKE MINE"
Documentary follows Latin-American fans of ex-Smiths singer Morrissey.
Details: 8:30 p.m. at Sweat Records, 5505 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-758-5862, ext. 5, or www.sweatrecordsmiami.com; free.
FILM IN HD
Winner of the Cannes Film Festival Camera d'Or follows life in the Maze Prison, Northern Ireland, during the 1981 IRA Hunger Strike led by Bobby Sands.
Details: 7:15 and 9 p.m. at the Miami Beach Cinematheque, 512 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-673-4567 or www.mbcinema.com; $10, $7 members, students and seniors.
Former governor and senator discusses his book "America, The Owner's Manual."
Details: 8 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Latin duo Chino y Nacho headlines Aventura Dance Cruise
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 22- 24
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem