Today's Ticket - 5/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, May 18, 2009
"PASSIONS JUST LIKE MINE"
Documentary follows Latin-American fans of ex-Smiths singer Morrissey.
Details: 8:30 p.m. at Sweat Records, 5505 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-758-5862, ext. 5, or www.sweatrecordsmiami.com; free.
FILM IN HD
Winner of the Cannes Film Festival Camera d'Or follows life in the Maze Prison, Northern Ireland, during the 1981 IRA Hunger Strike led by Bobby Sands.
Details: 7:15 and 9 p.m. at the Miami Beach Cinematheque, 512 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-673-4567 or www.mbcinema.com; $10, $7 members, students and seniors.
Former governor and senator discusses his book "America, The Owner's Manual."
Details: 8 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Katsuya unveils new installation by Miami artist Tatiana Suarez
- Miss Coco Peru at Cabaret, Spring Fling at 1111, db Bistro happenings, early bird boozing at Katsuya
- The Forge in Miami Beach fuses music and food three nights a week