Today's Ticket - 5/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, May 18, 2009
"PASSIONS JUST LIKE MINE"
Documentary follows Latin-American fans of ex-Smiths singer Morrissey.
Details: 8:30 p.m. at Sweat Records, 5505 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-758-5862, ext. 5, or www.sweatrecordsmiami.com; free.
FILM IN HD
Winner of the Cannes Film Festival Camera d'Or follows life in the Maze Prison, Northern Ireland, during the 1981 IRA Hunger Strike led by Bobby Sands.
Details: 7:15 and 9 p.m. at the Miami Beach Cinematheque, 512 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-673-4567 or www.mbcinema.com; $10, $7 members, students and seniors.
Former governor and senator discusses his book "America, The Owner's Manual."
Details: 8 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Beer, pigskin, skin, more pigskin, music, more beer & Super Bowl!
- 5 reasons why we’re excited about the new Vagabond Restaurant & Bar
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Sunday symphony, saused Flamingos, philanthropic models and a new monthly Edition
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Nude male models in Miami! Booze! Art, music and ping pong, too.
- Ultra Music Festival releases Phase 1 of its 2015 lineup
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar