Today's Ticket - 5/15
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
For Friday, May 15
The masterminds behind South Beach club Crobar bring you Exit 66, a five-room megaclub that celebrates all things "trucker chic." Grand-opening night features DJs Shaun Weeks, Snezana, Joe Dert and Ani Phearce.
Details: 9 p.m. Friday; Exit 66, 219 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; RSVP to 954-357-9981 or www.exitsixtysix.com.
DANCE, DANCE, DANCE
Three chances to catch "Tango Undressed," which captures the passion and sensuality of the Argentinian dance (parental warning: There is brief nudity).
Details: 8 p.m. Friday and 7 and 10 p.m. Saturday at the Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-674-1026; $20 - $35.
VIVA LA VIDA
The British group returns to perform hits from its latest album, "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends," plus classics including "Yellow," "In My Place" and "Clocks"
Details: 7:30 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; 561-795-8883 or Livenation.com; $37-$103.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District