Today's Ticket - 5/13
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Jazz chanteuse taps the great American songbook for her show "Almost Like Being in Love."
Details: 7:45 p.m. at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 SW Fifth Ave., Fort Lauderdale; 954-524-0805 or www.goldcoastjazz.org; $35 and $40.
"Cold Case" star Danny Pino returns home to Miami to portray an art director at a Havana ad agency in this play about how the Cuban revolution affected the country's middle class from 1958-60.
Details: 8 p.m., running through June 7 at Actors' Playhouse, 280 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 305-444-9293 or www.actorsplayhouse.org; $35-$48.
SCION HOUSE PARTY
Detroit techno group Dopplereffekt channels the stark sound of Kraftwerk.
Details: 10 p.m. at White Room, 1306 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-995-5050; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Ball & Chain presents new album series
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets