Today's Ticket - 5/13
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Jazz chanteuse taps the great American songbook for her show "Almost Like Being in Love."
Details: 7:45 p.m. at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 SW Fifth Ave., Fort Lauderdale; 954-524-0805 or www.goldcoastjazz.org; $35 and $40.
"Cold Case" star Danny Pino returns home to Miami to portray an art director at a Havana ad agency in this play about how the Cuban revolution affected the country's middle class from 1958-60.
Details: 8 p.m., running through June 7 at Actors' Playhouse, 280 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 305-444-9293 or www.actorsplayhouse.org; $35-$48.
SCION HOUSE PARTY
Detroit techno group Dopplereffekt channels the stark sound of Kraftwerk.
Details: 10 p.m. at White Room, 1306 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-995-5050; free.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami is on fire this summer with bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Former Vagabond space in downtown Miami to open as 'Steam,' an interactive theatrical nightclub, alongside a speakeasy bar and outdoor concert space
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space
- Life In Color EDM party tapped for halftime performance of Guinness International Champions Cup final at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium